Middletown High School North is an above average, public school located in Middletown, NJ. It has 1,414 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 20% of students are at least proficient in math and 36% in reading.
Middletown High School North Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A246 Students
- B220 Students
- A-186 Students
- B163 Students
- C+157 Students
- B152 Students
- B134 Students
- B-107 Students
- A105 Students
- B101 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.45 responses
Schools like Middletown High School North
- A-Middletown High School South
- Middletown Township Public School District, NJ
- 247 reviews
- A-Howell High School
- Freehold Regional High School District, NJ
- 392 reviews
- A-Spotswood High School
- Spotswood Public School District, NJ
- 120 reviews
- B+Shore Regional High School
- Public School
- West Long Branch, NJ
- 127 reviews
Middletown High School North Reviews
Although people always seem to make it sound like this school is awful I've come to realize it's really only the non go-getters. The kids that slack off, don't do their work, and are rude to teachers are the ones that complain about the school. Sure the school could use better attendance/bathroom policies, better administration, better diversity, but all these things are far from terrible. Honestly miss north is what you make of it. There are excellent classes offered (even some that aren't offered at other schools), lots of clubs, fantastic and super friendly teachers, and decent sports. But if you don't get involved and don't put any effort you expect everything to just be perfect it's not going to happen. If you give it your all, I promise it will be great. If you are lazy and end up in integrated math classes, are in detention all the time, and are rude to everyone ofcourse you're not going to like the school. What you give is what it gives back :)
I have many great experiences from Middletown North. I have not only made new friendships that will last me a lifetime but also memories. I personally was a three sport athlete and was always busy. The coaches at Middletown North are some of the nicest and most supportive people that you will ever meet. I got to be apart of the 1st ever unified basketball team with not only Middletown North special ed students but along with some of the student from Middletown South. During the time I had spent with those kids, I was able to make memories that I will always remember. One thing that does bug me a little is that the guys sports tend to get more recognition, and that is something I would like to see change and have the girls get the same credit for their athletic achievements.
I feel that Middletown High School North is a great high school. I love that atmosphere and how welcoming the school is to new freshman. One attribute that stands out to me about Middletown High School North is how the faculty and staff wants to make your high school experience the easiest and best it can be. One thing that I would like to see changed is communcation about school events. After-school events are not very well communicated and shared among parents, staff, and/or students. This leads to low attendance at school functions.