Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Middletown High School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, RI. It has 606 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Middletown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B226 Students
- grade B+65 Students
- grade A+63 Students
- grade A+61 Students
- grade B minus57 Students
- grade A+55 Students
- grade A minus55 Students
- grade A46 Students
- grade A minus46 Students
- grade B minus42 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 21 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 43 responses
- Spirit week35%
- International Night23%
- Drama performances14%
- Spirit Week2%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,906 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 35 responses
Schools like Middletown High School
- grade BB.M.C. Durfee High School
- Fall River Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 267 reviews
- grade BMt. Hope High School
- Bristol Warren Regional School District, RI
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 176 reviews
- grade B minusToll Gate High School
- Warwick Public Schools, RI
- Rating 3.11 out of 5 145 reviews
- grade BJoseph Case High School
- Swansea Public Schools, MA
- Rating 4.1 out of 5 72 reviews
Middletown High School Reviews
Rating 3.15 out of 5 192 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Middletown High School is a great place to be as they offer many things in terms of sports and selection of classes. While attending MHS I was able to get to know many people whom I have become friends with and formed great relationships with some of the faculty and staff as well. The sports department offers many out of school activities for the students to participate in as well such as football, baseball, track & field and more! If I had to offer a suggestion it would be for those pursuing a STEM field. I would make sure they are familiar with all the classes that would apply to them and take all the PLTW courses required. Classes such as Intro to Engineering and Design, Principals of Engineering and Engineering Design & Development are great courses where students are able to apply themselves in the classroom and work with others to solve problems that apply to the real world using critical thinking and engineering approaches.
I attended four separate high schools and went to Middletown my junior year, so I can compare it to different schools across the country. Academically, Middletown isn't nearly as good as the other school I have been to, though I believe they are competent. School spirit is high and the teachers are reasonably good, but I had a hard time connecting personally with many people in my short time there. I took advantage in clubs and activities, but with such a small student body, there aren't too many people interested in the same thing. The school is okay physically, but may be in need of some renovation in the near future (not as bad as others I've been too though). If you want to get to know everybody in your grade, then this is definitely the school for that.
Middletown High is a great school. For all 4 years that my sister and I attended, we were all treated equally and with respect. The school is very diverse and every student has a voice which is very comforting. The teachers love to help and love to teach. All admin is extremely helpful. The sports teams are strong and develop life long friends and the coaches are extremely helpful. Middletown allows students to develop there own future but to keep It challenging. Middletown is very strong in standardize testing as well as average GPA's. The food is average but the clean facilities are nice. Most importantly, Middletown is a very safe school. With cameras, buzzers and a Resource officer, students should not feel unsafe when coming to school. Overall, this might be one of the best public schools in the state of Rhode Island.