Middletown High School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, RI. It has 590 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Middletown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B205 Students
- A-62 Students
- A+56 Students
- B-53 Students
- A+52 Students
- A-50 Students
- A+47 Students
- A43 Students
- A-43 Students
- A42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Middletown High School
- BB.M.C. Durfee High School
- Fall River Public Schools, MA
- 255 reviews
- BMt. Hope High School
- Bristol Warren Regional School District, RI
- 167 reviews
- B-Toll Gate High School
- Warwick Public Schools, RI
- 143 reviews
- BJoseph Case High School
- Swansea Public Schools, MA
- 70 reviews
Middletown High School Reviews
Middletown High is a great school. For all 4 years that my sister and I attended, we were all treated equally and with respect. The school is very diverse and every student has a voice which is very comforting. The teachers love to help and love to teach. All admin is extremely helpful. The sports teams are strong and develop life long friends and the coaches are extremely helpful. Middletown allows students to develop there own future but to keep It challenging. Middletown is very strong in standardize testing as well as average GPA's. The food is average but the clean facilities are nice. Most importantly, Middletown is a very safe school. With cameras, buzzers and a Resource officer, students should not feel unsafe when coming to school. Overall, this might be one of the best public schools in the state of Rhode Island.
My experience with Middletown high school has been really good because I have been able to succeed through the help and patience of my teachers. The administration is devoted to the safety of all students and they do a really good job on preventing kids from vaping in and out of school. Our class adviser has spent a lot of time helping us with common app and college essays to prepare us for college. The athletics at Middletown high school are very good, the boys lacrosse team won the state championship in 2017 and 2018, the girls lacrosse team won the state championship in 2019, and the girls tennis team won the state championship in 2018 and 2019. The teachers at Middletown high school care about students succeeding and they are always available if you need help.
I'm a senior at Middletown High School and I can confidently say that I am satisfied with the four years I spent at MHS. Whenever I am asked questions about MHS, I only had good things to say. As a two-sport student-athlete and a very involved student, I always encourage students to get involved. MHS has a very strong sense of community and extracurricular activities are a large part of this. The school offers challenging honors and AP courses, and an array of STEM and PLTW classes. The Virtual High School Classes that are offered also allow students to explore courses not offered in school. The teachers, guidance, and administrators have the students best interest in mind and are fully invested. Middletown High School offers great support for students and provides many outlets for students to reach out and speak with teachers, counselors or their peers. Middletown High School left a lasting impression on my character and educated me while immersing me into my local community.