Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade C
- College Prepgrade C+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade C minus
- Administrationgrade C minus
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade C
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Middletown High School is a public school located in Middletown, OH. It has 1,533 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Middletown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus168 Students
- grade A minus158 Students
- grade A+149 Students
- grade B minus111 Students
- grade B109 Students
- grade A minus108 Students
- grade B63 Students
- grade A63 Students
- grade B+61 Students
- grade B minus41 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade C
- Housinggrade C
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade C minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responses
- Football/Basketball Games21%
- Student faculty games19%
- Talent show13%
- None of them.6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$19,443 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 30 responses
Schools like Middletown High School
- grade B minusWest Carrollton High School
- West Carrollton City School District, OH
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 125 reviews
- grade C minusJefferson High School
- Jefferson Township Local School District, OH
- Rating 3 out of 5 34 reviews
- grade B minusHamilton High School
- Hamilton City School District, OH
- Rating 3.61 out of 5 196 reviews
- grade BMadison High School
- Madison Local School District (Middletown), OH
- Rating 3.24 out of 5 17 reviews
Middletown High School Reviews
Rating 3.48 out of 5 184 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I attended Middletown City Schools from Kindergarten to graduation, so admittedly I have little comparison. I feel that Middletown High School did not adequately prepare me for college, but I feel that the honors and AP teachers were fantastic. The teachers for AP Physics, AP Government, AP Calculus, and Honors English IV are absolutely wonderful and I was so fortunate to have them! The teachers for the general education courses aren't fantastic, but they have to deal with some poor students so it's reasonable. The sports programs may not win often, but they're talented kids with great leadership. The arts programs are also wonderful, particularly the band!
The facilities are nice as the building was totally renovated and rebuilt over the past couple of years. The culture is pretty bad there, fights on a near-daily basis and a low standard for behavior. Students don't feel cared about and, therefore, don't care. You go to disciplinary administrators, and they treat you like an inconvenience`. Horrible communication, especially for students at associated campuses like Butler Tech or Midd State. I usually did not find out about school events until they had already happened, if I was told at all. It's made the end of my senior year a nightmare. There was a general feeling that students off-campus were an afterthought. There are many great teachers that I bonded with, especially those in charge of clubs. The band program is fantastic. I can see many efforts trying to improve the school, but I can't see it making an impact until a serious change is made with the way the administration operates.
Great school! very diverse, the teachers are great and are very involved, it has been very tough this year and I was nervous to see how everything would go down but everyone has been very calm and all the teachers are doing their best and are doing so much to make sure that we are getting what we need and getting all the help we need and making sure that we're doing okay! Our building was just completely remodeled this last year and so it is a very nice and clean facility and we have the newest and nicest tech !