Middletown High School is an above average, public school located in Middletown, CT. It has 1,238 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 35% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Middletown High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A252 Students
- B-160 Students
- B-124 Students
- B102 Students
- B-81 Students
- B78 Students
- B-77 Students
- B-59 Students
- A+55 Students
- C51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 73 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Middletown High School
- BEast Hartford High School
- East Hartford School District, CT
- 295 reviews
- B+Bristol Central High School
- Bristol School District, CT
- 138 reviews
- B+Newington High School
- Newington School District, CT
- 192 reviews
- BBristol Eastern High School
- Bristol School District, CT
- 221 reviews
Middletown High School Reviews
Middletown High School has been far more than a school for me in the past four years. It has been a second home, an adventure, and a place I have come to love. Middletown High School is a welcoming place that offers not only amazing opportunities through its myriad of classes but also through it wide selection of clubs and athletic teams. Beyond that, the fellow students I had the pleasure of attending this wonderful school were not only accepting but welcoming and always pushing each other to be our best. I can confidently say because of MHS that I am ready for college and I have no concerns about succeeding in school. I wish every teen could experience the intense pride and welcoming environment MHS has provided for me! While I am looking forward to graduation and the next exciting chapter that college will be in my life, I will always hold onto my Blue Dragon roots.
I like that all students have the option of choosing their classes after freshmen year, and the amount of choices they get when deciding their classes. MHS offers 11 AP classes and classes of almost every subject. MHS also has a very good music department and has very successful athletic coaches and teams. Students also have the opportunity to go to the guidance department or the student resource area to plan for college and write college essays, which can be really beneficial for the future. With that being said, the only things that I would change are the sports facilities and the security. The men’s locker rooms are in bad condition, the swimming pool area is very small, and the football field doesn’t have enough stands considering that football is the schools biggest sport. The school security does not do a good job at preventing fights from happening and stopping students from skipping class.
Through the four years I have attended Middletown High School, I have never had any problems with teachers, classes, or administration. However, when an incident or occurrence does come up, the staff is quick to come to fixing it. I have met so many great people and made so many wonderful relationships with not only my fellow classmates, but the teachers as well. I feel extremely safe and cared about in Middletown High School. I wouldn't trade my experience in this school for anything.