Middleton High School Reviews

Middleton normally has a great environment. The school has been having many recent scandals regarding teachers and students.
Middleton High School offered a space for me to thrive academically, socially, and athletically. With dedicated staff and a culture of hard working students, Middleton equipped me with the tools I needed to prepare myself for a college education.
I attended MHS my freshman and sophomore year. It's very cliquey but there are many great teachers and the classes are pretty good.
Start Your Review of Middleton High School
Middleton High School has (overall) great academics and great teachers. Athletics are also amazing- however, sometimes athletics can be put before academics, which can be problematic. Middleton also struggles with some racial divides.
This school makes academic success attainable. The skilled teachers and faculty all contribute to making the school a safe and productive enviroment.
My experience at Middleton High School was nothing but average. The teaching staff are reasonable but the atmosphere is very dry.
Located in Middleton, WI, Middleton High School has a great arts and music program with a close second of technology and computer sciences.
What I liked most about Middleton High School was the quality of education that was provided. I felt fortunate to have such great teachers who truly cared about the information relayed to us. One thing that could stand to change is the diversity. There needs to be more of it and more true acceptance of it. They could do a better job of welcoming the diversity.
Going to Middleton Highschool has been a great experience for me, although I've only had 1 year of experience here as a Junior. The school has great teachers who seem involved with the students and who genuinely seem to enjoy teaching. The school offers many classes and there are many options to choose from. We have a great stage and theater building, and several nice gyms, not to mention an indoor pool and a great Football field. Sometimes the administration seems a bit unorganized and frazzled but I think that just comes with it being a big school. Overall, I would definitely say Middleton Highschool is a very good school.
Overall great school. Kids here are very nice, and teachers are great. Unfortunately, the arts aren't as appreciated or funded as much as they should be.
Middleton is a pretty good school. I went there for 3.5 semesters (graduated early) and I enjoyed the variety of classes I was able to take. I didn't feel like I fit with most of the students, but that's okay with me. The one thing I really did not like was their accommodation with placement when I was a freshman (I came from a private school). They weren't willing to put me in the right classes because I didn't have the right tests to look at (despite the fact that I had recommendations and other assessments from my middle school).
My experience at Middleton was generally a good one. Although there isn't much diversity (this is Wisconsin, after all), generally, people are pretty accepting. While I was here there were plenty of administration and student clashes but they were resolved and from what I hear now, relations have greatly improved.
A great school that teaches well but lacks in racial and financial diversity. Although many programs are in place to make everyone feel equal, only a select few do the necessary job of supporting students from all backgrounds.
When I went to Middleton High School, there was a man-beast called "Jack the Sack" who used to bend the metal legs of chairs in the cafeteria into an X shape before school started. He was in high school nine years. That is a lot of busted-up cafeteria chairs.
There are a ton of options for courses, and all of the teachers are very accommodating.
There's a fair amount of drug use by students at my school.
There are so many different options of clubs and extra-curriculars and that's really nice to have available to explore your interests and try out different things. Some clubs require a lot more commitment than others, for example American Sign Language Club meets once a week, so it's not as big of a commitment as opposed to Drama Club which, if you are in a play or show, requires hours and hours of after school time and work put in. I believe there is a good amount of administration support as well.
Start Your Review of Middleton High School
Some of my favorite experiences that I've had didn't necessarily happen at school. I was fortunate enough to go on multiple trips with choir and drama club including to Washington D.C. and London, England, and those were incredible experiences. Also, all of the opportunities I've had to be in plays and musicals at my school have definitely been favorite experiences, including other smaller events as well such as choir retreats and concerts. I would choose this school again because I believe it is overall a very good school with very good work ethic and good academic rates, lots of clubs and sports available to choose from, and overall it's just a very good place.
All of the teachers I had, for the most part, I was really able to connect with and build good relationships with. They were all very strong teachers, very knowledgeable, very good at communicating, and they definitely had an interest in their students and the well being of their students. However, there wasn't always consistency in grading which got a little confusing sometimes.
The variety of classes offered is amazing. There are so many different AP courses to choose from, from AP Human Geography to AP Biology to AP Physics to AP Music Theory. The art courses are also very extensive. The school also gets good funding and many of the students are very smart and good academic peers. That said, the school lacks diversity and sometimes I feel like the administration (and select teachers) doesn't want to help students who learn at an accelerated pace.