Middleton High School is a top rated, public school located in Middleton, WI. It has 2,026 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 67% of students are at least proficient in math and 70% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+452 Students
- A+214 Students
- A+109 Students
- A-103 Students
- B+100 Students
- B+67 Students
- C+64 Students
- A+63 Students
- A-60 Students
- B55 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 90 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
Schools like Middleton High School
- A+Waunakee High School
- Waunakee Community School District, WI
- 181 reviews
- A+Sun Prairie High School
- Sun Prairie Area School District, WI
- 496 reviews
- AMonona Grove High School
- Monona Grove School District, WI
- 118 reviews
- A+West High School
- Madison Metropolitan School District, WI
- 287 reviews
Middleton High School Reviews
Middleton is a great place if you want it to be. Your experience with teachers, sports, and resources can be very political- coaches and teachers have favorites and not everyone is treated equally. Academics are fantastic if you have an idea what you want to do, otherwise it can be overwhelming. Great admin staff!
Middleton High School is a fairly good school. Although there are a few teachers who are not very good and either don't know the material or do not care about there students, most enjoy their jobs and actually want their students to succeed. The academics at Middleton High School are very good, but unfortunately/fortunately this creates a lot of competition for the students of Middleton High School. Outside of academics, Middleton does a very good job of providing tons of clubs and other activities that allow students to become invested in or learn about. The sports are Middleton High School can be questionable at times, though. It is very apparent the Athletic Director doesn't care about any sports besides football, basketball, and baseball and other sports are affected by this such as soccer.
Middleton high school has some of the best educators in the state and I've enjoyed being a student there for the past 4 years. Overall,I've had positive experiences with staff and have made lasting connections with my educators. I've only had one negative experience with a teacher who was not involved with the students. But regardless, educators at MHS have great knowledge on subject matters and are very in tune with students and dedicated to ensuring students are well adjusted and comfortable in the classroom. All staff has proven to be committed to making sure students can access them and always improve. I've passed all classes with flying colors because of how helpful and accessible my teachers have been. They're always willing to listen to concerns and patient while tutoring after class at Homework Club. They're always fair and compassionate with students. By far the best staff I've ever met!