Middlesex School Reviews

Middlesex is the best thing to ever have happened to me. Without attending school here, I do not believe that I would have had the opportunities that I will have in the future. It is a very welcoming, supportive place to be and I am lucky to have spent four years there.
As parents, we are extremely satisfied with our son’s choice to attend Middlesex. He is developing into a fine young man. The school is giving him incredible opportunities for growth. His experience has been extraordinary!
Middlesex is such a special place for all members of the community. The relationships that I have built with my classmates and teachers are some of the strongest bonds I have made in my life so far. The community is truly a family, and the entire faculty supports each student above and beyond what is expected of a teacher. The advising system has brought the most essential role model into my life, and for that alone I am forever grateful. But to say that is the best thing about Middlesex is difficult since every aspect of this school is unparalleled.
Start Your Review of Middlesex School
Attending Middlesex was single handedly the best decision I have ever made. The people are absolutely amazing, the academics are top tier, the athletics are extremely competitive, and the arts programs are phenomenal. I wish every student in the world had the opportunity to attend a place like Middlesex because it truly is such an amazing institution that has shaped me into the person that I am today. I will eternally be thankful for the experiences I had at Middlesex, whether it be learning how to write a top notch analytical essay or learning the ins and outs of dorm life. While there is a hole in my heart after graduating this past month, I feel beyond prepared to be successful in collegiate academics and athletics. If you are looking for a small independent school, I cannot encourage you enough to apply to/attend Middlesex because I can guarantee you it will change your life for the better!
I could not have asked for a better place to go to high school. Incredible teachers and faculty that do every possible to help the students succeed.
An overall great experience. It was the best decision of my life, and now I feel prepared for college and beyond. My teachers, coaches, faculty, and classmates helped me grow as a person more than I could've imagined.
I can't imagine having gone anywhere else for high school. I have met some of the smartest and kindest people here and it has given me so much. I am so grateful to have had the opportunity to go here. Yes, it is difficult, but I wholeheartedly believe it is worth it.
Extraordinary school and community. My daughter had so many wonderful teachers and mentors who cared about her development. This is that rare school that offers challenge and opportunities galore in a nurturing community. Facilties are good but the people here make the difference. Size is perfect. Location on outskirts of Concord is bucolic yet only 20 miles from Boston. Student culture is collaborative and kind. Well-rounded experience for all, thought each student develops his own path.
Excellent school offering personalized attention, 3 seasons of sports, and ample opportunities for arts, theater, and music, in a very beautiful campus
Middlesex will push you to your limits but it is one of the most positive, nurturing and character building places. Middlesex with challenge you but it won't ruin you. The teachers here are phenomenal and they love you, Even the teachers that aren't widely liked don't want to see you do poorly. We thrive in preppy sports and struggle in football but our sports teams have an undeniable amount of spirit and campus overall has decent school spirit. Food is fine, it just gets repetitive after 4 years but if you go to the super market and get a couple spices the stir fry machine will always save you. As corny as it sounds I really have found my promise here and I wouldn't have found it anywhere else. Groups can form based on race but there is lots of mixing especially because of dorm life. Dorm life is phenomenal.
I love going to Middlesex, and I love all of the opportunities I've been given thanks to the school.
As a parent of a graduated Middlesex student (who has just graduated from college with his PhD), I truly appreciate how important the school was for him. As a gifted student, he needed courses that could challenge him. The school has teachers who have doctorates themselves, so he never needed to go outside the school to get his many advanced courses. "Balance" is their motto, offering opportunity equally across the huge spectrum of activities. All of his friends were kind, talented, and thoughtful. He loves to go to the alumni events and makes sure he contributes to their financial aid fund (as a student who greatly benefitted from their generosity). Signed, An appreciative parent
The Middlesex School is a very good school for academics. The teachers and administers are great! The overall culture and the sports programs need improvement. The children are safe and are looked after. Overall, its a good place to send your child.
Great academics but sometimes poor administration. Most teachers really want to help you but they have little control over how the school is administrated. The school culture is ok. Especially in freshman and sophomore year, there is a frequent gender division. This does get better, but it is mostly the administrations fault.
I was a new sophomore at Middlesex. My experience was great because the excellent education is the key feature of the school. I met wonderful people.
I enjoyed my time at Middlesex School. I entered as a new freshman, and while the administration leaves much to be desired, the student culture and academics are amazing.
The two things that stand out to me about MX are 1) the way students are encouraged if not forced to try new things and find new hobbies/passions, and 2) the incredible teachers. Middlesex has mandatory sports and arts for freshmen and sophomores, giving younger students great exposure to all sorts of new activities. The faculty genuinely care about every student, and over time they become friends as well as teachers, since they live in dorms, coach teams, and serve as advisors, in addition to just teaching. By senior year, most kids begin to feel like the school is just too small, but I think it's worth it, since most underclassmen NEED the close-knit community. They are working on diversity, and student culture is changing a LOT, so don't believe everything you read from a few years ago regarding lacrosse culture, etc., because MX is quickly becoming a much more progressive institution.
Start Your Review of Middlesex School
Terrific school. Challenging yes, but incredibly caring and supportive faculty. Students are from all over and motivated but collaborative. Size is perfect: deep programs and unified community. A gem.
Amazing school. Our daughter spent four wonderful years at MX and benefitted from extraordinary faculty and a positive peer culture that encourages engagement across the program.
We are really happy with the academic and athletic opportunities our school has provided for our student