Middlesboro High School is an above average, public school located in Middlesboro, KY. It has 400 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Middlesboro High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-52 Students
- B50 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-21 Students
- B-21 Students
- C+20 Students
- A-15 Students
- A-14 Students
- A-13 Students
- B-12 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 10 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Middlesboro High School Reviews
Middlesboro High School is a good, great small school high school experience. It’s like your home away from home with your family away from family. Everyone knows each other and works hard to get what they need to get done in the classroom. Sports team is one main struggle unfortunately. Because there is no winning or good attitude after a loss, the school will seem slightly dull. But nevertheless the school always will surprise you in some way of making you happy. We have plenty of things to do and be involved with. Overall Middlesboro High School is an amazing experience!!!
Our mos popular club is probably key club. They do a lot of cool things. My favorite things they do are opperation Christmas child shoe boxes and ROHO shopping. Opperation Christmas child shoeboxes: you pack a show box full of stuff for a specific gender and age group and send it across seas to a child that does not have anything. They usually include: soap, toothbrush and tooth paste, and a wash cloth. A bowl of some sorts, a hat and a pair of gloves, and a flash light. if you have a younger age groups you add a coloring book and crayons. If you have one of the older age groups you add a notepad and a couple of pencil. After all that's in you just stuff it the top with other things like toys. ROHO shopping is when each member if the key club is pair with a child from our area that don't get a lot for Christmas, and they buy them what ever they want!
I loved being at Middlesboro High School. I was there for three out of four years of high school. It's a small school, so you get a one on one feel with your teachers, which is great when it comes to learning the material and completing assignments. ACT prep was one of the main focuses my junior and senior year, which helped me increase my score by 3 points.