Middlebury Union High School is a highly rated, public school located in Middlebury, VT. It has 620 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Middlebury Union High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-75 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-24 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+19 Students
- A+17 Students
- A+17 Students
- B+17 Students
- A17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 22 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Middlebury Union High School
- B+Ticonderoga Senior High School
- Ticonderoga Central School District, NY
- 15 reviews
- BVergennes Union High School
- Addison Northwest School District, VT
- 41 reviews
- BMt. Abraham Union Middle/High School
- Public School
- Bristol, VT
- 58 reviews
- C+Otter Valley Union High School
- Otter Valley, VT
- 33 reviews
Middlebury Union High School Reviews
This is where my school excels beyond others. Our after school academic support is great and many students use this to get extra help from tutors or use this time to do homework. There is a club for everyone and students readily have the option to create clubs of their own if they wish. The level of commitment depends on the students who attend but all the clubs I have heard of or gone to everyone is very committed. There are many sports year round that allow everyone to participate, and are very popular at my school. A very popular club right now is Model UN which meets in the mornings and has had grown largely where they had to move to a bigger room! There is an activity for everyone!
Most teachers are great, but some don't teach very well, or are overly harsh graders. Most are understanding and willing to work with students with things like due dates, because with sports/other activities, it can be hard to balance everything and get things turned in on time. Usually teachers are friendly and easy to connect with!
I honestly love the High School I go to. I've made a lot of new friends especially because we have a Peer Leader Program. This is when Seniors welcome in the new freshmen and take them under their wing. Not only do you feel more comfortable knowing you have friends that are older than you, but they also tend to help you branch out and get involved in activities and sports. We have tons of sports, and the community all comes together to support our teams! Friendships form pretty easily at Middlebury.