Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Middleburgh, NY. It has 385 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+12 Students
- A+8 Students
- B8 Students
- A6 Students
- B-6 Students
- B5 Students
- B+5 Students
- A-5 Students
- A5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School
- BCobleskill-Richmondville High School
- Cobleskill-Richmondville Central School District, NY
- 87 reviews
- C+Schoharie High School
- Schoharie Central School District, NY
- 62 reviews
- B-Duanesburg High School
- Duanesburg Central School District, NY
- 25 reviews
- C+Berne-Knox-Westerlo Junior/Senior High School
- Berne-Knox-Westerlo Central School District, NY
- 49 reviews
Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I loved the different opportunities to be who I am. The academics are achievable and challenging enough to get the information into your head. The teachers are really nice and hard when they need to be; they don't tolerate unnecessary behavior. They discipline the students that need to be and congratulate the students that have not done wrong. I think the food is great, there are plenty of options for everyone to eat almost anything they would like. The sports they offer are great, though they could be better, are still efficient. Families are not as involved as they could be, but parents do have to support for their child some way so sometimes if there are events, the parents won't make it.
I feel Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School has prepared me for college and my future. Each teacher is helpful and understanding, I have created great student-teacher bonds between most of my teachers. One thing I would change about Middleburgh Junior/Senior High School is how the school addresses bullying. I have reported bullying that I have witnessed and have been a victim of bullying before, to my understanding the students bullying other students don't understand what they are doing. They don't seem to understand that they can seriously hurt an individual with their words. I believe more prevention methods and awareness needs to happen within the school about bullying.
Middleburgh is a small school. Everyone knows one another, but its more a blessing than a curse. We are a tight-knit community and the teachers are down-to-earth, approachable, and very good at what they are teaching. My biggest disappointment is the lack of AP/Honors classes for students that want to challenge themselves more, and the lack of funding for engaging and fun clubs and organizations.