Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A minus
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Middleborough High School is an above average, public school located in Middleborough, MA. It has 769 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Middleborough High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A99 Students
- grade C+85 Students
- grade A+63 Students
- grade A+52 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade B minus50 Students
- grade B45 Students
- grade A+44 Students
- grade B+43 Students
- grade A35 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade C+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 20 responses
- Spirit Weeks25%
- Pep rally20%
- Penny Wars5%
- Spirit Week5%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$17,569 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Middleborough High School
- grade BWhitman Hanson Regional High School
- Whitman-Hanson Regional School District, MA
- PK, 9-12
- Rating 3.76 out of 5 104 reviews
- grade BAbington High School
- Abington Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.22 out of 5 23 reviews
- grade BBridgewater-Raynham Regional High School
- Bridgewater-Raynham Regional School District, MA
- Rating 3.64 out of 5 257 reviews
- grade C+East Bridgewater Jr./Sr. High School
- East Bridgewater Public Schools, MA
- Rating 3.46 out of 5 41 reviews
Middleborough High School Reviews
Rating 3.45 out of 5 108 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
It is summer, and my kids keep saying that they can’t wait to go back to school. MHS is everything I would want for my kids. It has amazing and supportive teachers and administrators, that help the kids be the best they can be academically and as well rounded humans. There is a great selection of AP courses and more are added each year. It has the largest student council in the state with 1/3 of the school being involved! It is an amazing place and once the new building is completed the outside of the school will finally match the beautiful things that happen inside!
They have a great atmosphere if you fit the mold. If you don’t fit the type of student who faculty deems needs help, then you won’t get it. The principal cares for his students with all of his heart, but will sometimes place keeping the status quo and not making waves over helping an individual student. Overall if you’re going to be the average student, it’s a great school. I don’t regret going here because I had amazing memories come from my high school experience. However, I wish staff valued what I had to say more and listened when I reached out for help when I was struggling, instead of telling me to figure it out and work even harder than I already was.
Middleboro High School has impressed me in many ways. The teachers there genuinely want their students to succeed and it is obvious in the way that they teach. The principal is very involved in student life and makes a point to be at events for all groups, from sports to music and theater. The school spirit at Middleboro is wonderful, and the pep rallies and school-wide events that I have participated in are always exciting and it is obvious that the priority is to encourage the students and increase the sense of school spirit. Any criticism I would make would be about the academics. There many classes I took that I did not feel challenged in, as well as feeling that when I did need help I was not given the attention I may have needed because the teacher was focused on students that either did not care about the class or were struggling to get a passing grade.