Middle College High School Reviews

Middle college is a really good school. It can be stressful at times but if you know how to keep a schedule it won''t be as stressful. There is a lot of diversity in our school. Middle college definitely prepares you for college and you are living the college experience because our high school is on a college campus and we take college classes. So by the times we graduate high school we will also graduate with an AA degree in the major you took classes for.
It is an amazing school as there is a good student to teacher ratio. Smaller amounts of classmates equal to having closer friendships with the class and the location of the school are in an ideal area. However, due to being on a college campus and sharing the campus with older students, we have to be careful. On another note, we get the opportunity of being able to graduate with an Associate's if we are able to meet the mark of 60 units or more. The school staff is amazing although we lack a full-time counselor. We also don't have as many clubs or sports as traditional highschool. It is based mostly on academics and a good option for those who want to try and save money for college.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience with Middle College High School. I would prefer to go to this high school because of the friendly environment among the students. The high school teachers are understanding and encouraging. I would say this school does excellent on the academic side, however, it lacks extracurriculars such as sports and music. The clubs are limited to resources and teacher advisors, but there are school club events that are entertaining to attend. This school excels in college readiness because you get college credits by taking college-level courses with college students alongside high school students. The school food is okay and limited, which is why most people spend money on food at the on-campus bookstore and food trucks. The school is close to a mall and a lot of cool stores to check out with your friends.
Start Your Review of Middle College High School
Middle College is the perfect school for you you if you value your academics over your social life. Unlike your typical high school, everyone is more tight knit, making it feel like a mini family. The school is pretty safe since there is a police department located on campus, and the food is alright (noting how you can have better options once you are able to leave the school campus). Besides not having any sports, the academics are through the roof. High school classes here feel harder compared to other high schools, but in the end, it'll help mold your character to become college ready. Even though we have a short supply of staff, teachers and staff try their best to make us feel happy and safe. Prom is not exactly the best, but rallies help make up for it. I joined the school, hating it because my parents forced me to attend, but in the end, I realized it wasn't as bad as it sounds.
My experience at Middle College has been really incredible and enriching. I've gotten the opportunity to learn under caring teachers and college professors. Although we are learning at an accelerated rate, I feel that there is a lot of support for students in the program. There are many facilities open to students such as the library, computer labs, lounges, a music lab, and more as well as plenty of cool on-campus events from San Joaquin Delta Community College. I feel safe going to school as there is a police department, and most of the students interact regularly on a friendly basis. I don't think I could've had a better high school experience.
I loved this school when I was a Freshman, it seemed like everyone was so welcoming and kind. But as I progressed, I realized that there was only one way to be successful. Exploration of different writing styles, art, and self-expression was discouraged in all of the school-affiliated clubs.
Middle College is a great school that provides many opportunities to its students. At Middle College students take college classes with the local community college, San Joaquin Delta College. Overall, the environment at MCHS is great and helps students to achieve academic success. The teachers and administrators are always willing to help if students need it. The students at the school get along well and are also usually willing to help their peers.
I enjoyed my experience here, it set me up for success. The environment of the school allows students to feel connected which makes classes more enjoyable. Each class contains only about 30 students so it does not feel overwhelming to contact a teacher for help. This school also offers college courses from San Joaquin Delta College which gives students a different perspective on education earlier compared to other high school students.
Middle College is an exceptional school for ambitious 9th to 12th graders situated on the San Joaquin Delta College campus. Being a dual-enrollment program, students can finish their general education in college alongside their regular high school courses, potentially shaving 1 or 2 years off their path to higher education. It boasts a high-performing, diverse student body in a competitive environment. There are plenty of clubs for students to join, ranging from organizations offering service opportunities, science competitions, and exploration into world cultures. However, Middle College is lacking in the sports department; aside from the sports club, there are no organized sports unless one takes a sports class with the College. Facilities at the school range from newly-constructed, clean lecture halls to poorly-ventilated, musty classrooms only fitting for a storage closet. Overall Middle College is a great place for students wanting to go that extra mile for their future goals.
Middle College High School gives wonderful opportunities for students to experience and be exposed to the college environment in preparation for higher learning. The school's limited occupancy allows for students to develop very strong relationships among their peers and instructors, including the professors at the college as well. I have personally had the wonderful opportunity of attending this program, and have not regretted my decision in the slightest bit.
Middle College High School is a good place for students to attend especially if they are minorities and are ambitious for a greater level of education. Students work rigorous college courses alongside high school classes! You will miss out on a traditional high school experience when regarding sports and bands, but the friendships made at this school will last a lifetime. If there is one thing that needs to change here, it would be a wider acceptance of different races and students with different backgrounds. Some students aren't very accepting, and that can make some students feel extremely left out.
Middle College High School is a great school that prepares students for college. You can tell the teachers want their students to succeed.
Middle College High School is a great program that allows high school students to take online and on-campus college courses. Students are exposed to a college campus and are able to earn an AA before or while graduating high school! With a smaller student body than your average high school, everyone is super nice and helpful, and the staff are great.
My experience in Middle College High School has been great so far. I live the close bonds that you form with all your classmates and entire school. I would love for more people to be aware of this amazing program because it is truly an excelent program.
I feel that Middle College High School is a better than average school compared to the schools in my area. I live about 30-ish minutes away from this school and while I had my doubts about coming to this school at first in my freshmen year, I feel that it was worth it. l. The best part of this school is how small it is and how close you get to one another. However, I can unfortunately not say this anymore since this school is going to expand and this will get rid of one of the best parts of Middle College High School. Expansion is a VERY big issue I have and I think it is taking away from this great school. Many people agree with me, including faculty. However, changes are already going to be taken and there's nothing we can do. I hope our school does not go forth with expansion. Other things about this school that need improvements are definitely counseling and help with the IGETC!
Throughout my years at Middle College High School, it has definitely shaped me who I am today. My high school provides college courses that we are allow to enroll. The environment is very diverse and friendly to everyone.
Start Your Review of Middle College High School
Here at Middle College High School, everyone is able to get along with each other and create a bond through school and the after school clubs that Middle College has to offer. Not only that, but people are able to make friends really fast while keeping their priorities straight. We are required to take classes, for example, Avid and this class keeps us students reaching our goals while still having some fun. The point is to find our balance in school and outside of school, and this is what keeps Middle College such a fun experience. I think something I would like to see change is more extracurricular activities however there is not enough teachers for that. If there were accommodations then I think that would be good other than that everything else seems to be running smoothly.
I'm enjoying my time at this school. It is a very close-knit community with very like minded people. It is great being able to take college classes and get a head start. All our books are paid for and the teachers are very helpful/
Over all its a pretty good school even though some things are missing. The lack of sports is a big one for me. I wish this school had a sports program were we could compete with other schools. My experience here has been mixed with good and bad ones. Mainly bad because of how boring some classes are and good because of the activities we get and the opportunities as well.