Middle College High School is an above average, public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 283 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Middle College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+148 Students
- B122 Students
- A-120 Students
- B+84 Students
- C+80 Students
- B-70 Students
- B-57 Students
- A+57 Students
- A53 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Middle College High School Reviews
I attended Middle College High School from 2014 to 2017. Middle College gave me the opportunity to take dual enrollment classes during my senior year. With these hours I was able to be ahead by one semester once I started college. Other than the academics the school overall was pretty average. We didn't have many clubs or organizations that were interesting. The only official club that we had was Student Government Association, so, if you weren't in SGA or didn't play a sport the only thing you can benefit from Middle College is the academics. Overall the school prepared me for college and it has helped me further myself in higher education.
I never thought I was going to like this school when I started going here, but I fell in love with it. The opportunities that they offer their students are rarely found elsewhere such as their dual enrollment program with CBU where you go across the street and take actual college classes. So far I have taken Chemistry and both Comps. This semester I am taking Lit. I will be very ahead with just these credits.
My experience at Middle College High School has been very rewarding. I get to attend a school with like-minded individuals. We have boasted a 100% graduation rate since inception. Students are allowed to take college courses at Christian Brothers University. We all place academics first and failure is not an option. Class sizes are small, and the teachers are vested in our success. Our principal has just been named the Principal of the Year by the state of Tennessee. I would not change one thing about my school. It is my desire that the trend continues and the school continues to produce top scholars.