Middle College High School is a highly rated, public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 236 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 90% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Middle College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+134 Students
- B110 Students
- A-101 Students
- B+78 Students
- C+69 Students
- B-61 Students
- A+53 Students
- B-47 Students
- B-47 Students
- A46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Middle College High School Reviews
My experience at Middle College High School has been very rewarding. I get to attend a school with like-minded individuals. We have boasted a 100% graduation rate since inception. Students are allowed to take college courses at Christian Brothers University. We all place academics first and failure is not an option. Class sizes are small, and the teachers are vested in our success. Our principal has just been named the Principal of the Year by the state of Tennessee. I would not change one thing about my school. It is my desire that the trend continues and the school continues to produce top scholars.
My time at Middle College High School, or MCHS, was one I am grateful for. MCHS excels at its college predatory programs are very top notch. As a result of my the Dual enrollment program I was able to accumulate 24 college credit hours my junior year alone, all of which I'll be able to keep when I attend college next year. Sadly the administration at the school isn't the most organized, this creates a plethora of confusion and displeasure in a students high school experience. As a result of the lack of proper communication between the administration and staff, the push for school culture is weak. In the end if I could go back to the summer of 8th grade year and choose another high school to attend I wouldn't, but I would pursue different options within the school to make it more manageable.
As a freshman I have enjoyed middle college! Coming in as a freshman, they prepared me with a camp over the summer so that i would know what to expected and what to be expected of. The teachers are really involved with the students and make sure you get to where you need to be!!