Middle College High School is an above average, public school located in Memphis, TN. It has 300 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 45% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Middle College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B190 Students
- A-149 Students
- B147 Students
- C108 Students
- B100 Students
- B-81 Students
- B-77 Students
- A-66 Students
- B66 Students
- A+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Middle College High School Reviews
Middle College High School is a mainly student ran high school. The pricipal loves it when we come up with ideas that benefit the school and even the students themselves. The principal allows up to present our idea to the school or do things that not all high schools can do. For example, the principal accepted a request that the class of 2020 presented to her. She allowed us to make performances to the rest of the school and raise money for our senior dues. The principal even helps us out by inviting some of her friends to come and enjoy the events that were performed. We raised so much money that now each person has to pay around $50 instead of the original $545. This high school is a great school for academics and sports program. For example, we get to take college classes at Christian Brothers University or even on the high school campus. We have teachers that push us to learn everyday while also having fun at the same time.
Middle College High School has been an amazing experience. Everyday that I wake up I am excited to go to my school. Considering we are a smaller school, everyone is like a family there. The bonds and relationships made there are the type you keep for life. The coursework is filled with rigor, which is amazing for top-notch students. AP and DE(Dual Enrollment) classes are offered inside of the school. DE courses are also offered at Christian Brothers University. There is truly no school that I'd rather be at than Middle College High School.
I attended Middle College High School from 2014 to 2017. Middle College gave me the opportunity to take dual enrollment classes during my senior year. With these hours I was able to be ahead by one semester once I started college. Other than the academics the school overall was pretty average. We didn't have many clubs or organizations that were interesting. The only official club that we had was Student Government Association, so, if you weren't in SGA or didn't play a sport the only thing you can benefit from Middle College is the academics. Overall the school prepared me for college and it has helped me further myself in higher education.