Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Middle College High School is an above average, public, charter school located in Gallup, NM. It has 91 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 26 to 1. According to state test scores, 15% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Middle College High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B55 Students
- B25 Students
- B20 Students
- B-19 Students
- A16 Students
- A14 Students
- C+14 Students
- B-9 Students
- A-8 Students
- A-8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.4 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Middle College High School Reviews
MCHS is easily the best school in McKinley county. Granted, that isn't saying much, but this is in fact a good school by any reasonable measures. It provides a healthy, challenging learning environment and provides the opportunity to take actual college courses with actual college professors and students. To be sure, UNM Gallup doesn't have the greatest teachers in the world, but they are qualified, and the classes are probably above anything you'll ever receive in a normal high school.
I graduated last 2017. The school prepared me so well as a College student. Navigating college was easy for me after Mid College! The staff cares about the students. The school provides an individualized educational program that suits the student's post-secondary goals.
Great teachers and staff who are knowledgeable and willing to help students. The teachers really seem to care about my education. It provides a unique opportunity for the area because it is dual enrollment. I am graduating with my AA in liberal arts along with my diploma. They really helped a lot with college preparation. Some classes were specially designed to help choose careers and colleges, and to help find scholarships.