Midd-West High School is a public school located in Middleburg, PA. It has 852 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 53% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Midd-West High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B73 Students
- A+60 Students
- B50 Students
- B-35 Students
- C+34 Students
- A-29 Students
- B+26 Students
- C+26 Students
- A25 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Schools like Midd-West High School
- C+East Juniata Junior/Senior High School
- Juniata County School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- BMifflinburg Area Senior High School
- Mifflinburg Area School District, PA
- 75 reviews
- B+Greenwood High School
- Greenwood School District, PA
- 37 reviews
- B+Selinsgrove Area High School
- Selinsgrove Area School District, PA
- 185 reviews
Midd-West High School Reviews
Located in a rural area, Midd-West High School is a great institution to attend. A majority of the students are heavily involved with the various clubs and activities that are offered here. For being a small school, many of the teachers are overly qualified. One teacher previously worked for NASA and another previously worked in the Pentagon. The school lacks diversity, which causes some minor issues, but this truly is a good environment to be in. The administration consistently looks out for its students and wants to ensure their growth. With a variety of AP courses, opportunities for seniors, and higher level courses, Midd-West ensures that its students are well equipped for college. No school is perfect, but Midd-West High School gives its students a quality education.
My experience at Midd-West High School was satisfactory. I believe that I was given a good education from all of the staff with a friendly and amicable atmosphere, but sometimes the pep and school spirit was very low and felt almost like a ghost town. There were sometimes where it would bring you down because there did not seem to be a lot of life in the learning and social aspects of there, but overall, it was a great experience.
The building is beautiful and the location is the perfect blend of backwoods and busy town. Lots of parent/community support, all around good school!