Mid-Prairie High School is a highly rated, public school located in Wellman, IA. It has 358 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Mid-Prairie High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- B-53 Students
- A44 Students
- B+29 Students
- B+15 Students
- B11 Students
- A-9 Students
- B8 Students
- A7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mid-Prairie High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Schools like Mid-Prairie High School
- A-Williamsburg Junior/Senior High School
- Williamsburg Community School District, IA
- 89 reviews
- B-Washington High School
- Washington Community School District, IA
- 80 reviews
- B-Highland High School
- Highland Community School District, IA
- 23 reviews
- B-Keota High School
- Keota Community School District, IA
- 21 reviews
Mid-Prairie High School Reviews
I am homeschooled, but I feel like mid prairie is good acedemically more so than the average students learning abilities.
I'm a vegetarian, so I brought my own lunch everyday for all four years of high-school. I heard many the complaint about the school food everyday as well, but there were plenty of other times when the football boys would all get seconds and sometimes thirds. Snacks weren't even a thing at our school, unless of course you brought your own and then just ate them during class. There was always a vegetable option and some fruit with the meals, so kids had the opportunity to eat a little healthy and balance out the shrimp poppers, but obviously, not every person wants to eat those things. As I also remember, there wasn't a special diet option, so I think most individuals that had any sort of special diet requirements just supplied their own meals.
I like how the entire Mid-Prairie district is a community and is like a second family away from home.