Mid-Pacific Institute is a highly rated, private, Christian school located in Honolulu, HI. It has 1,580 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. Tuition is $25,562 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 98% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B155 Students
- A+61 Students
- A+61 Students
- A-56 Students
- A-53 Students
- A-52 Students
- A51 Students
- A+42 Students
- A42 Students
- A-40 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 46 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Mid-Pacific Institute Reviews
Lately, the administration has been caught up in a lot of initiatives that waste money. Like a digital sign by Bakken that was supposed to show off the school's IG account and impress parents. And a very, very expensive school magazine. Put that money into renovating locker rooms, classrooms or unisex bathrooms instead! Last time we were there at a function the cafeteria was really run down. There also seems to be a much higher ratio of administration than teachers than before. Considering the cost of tuition, where is the money going?
MPI embraces 21st-century learning and skills starting in K and throughout high school. Students work in collaborative groups, learn to give/receive feedback, honor and respect diversity and diverse opinions. When feasible, lessons in math are applied concurrently to science or English (middle school) to keep it relevant and cross-disciplinary. The "global" of MPI is literal (high percentage of international students compared to other similar private schools) but also global in the sense of taking a comprehensive and holistic look at problems. MPI also offers both IB and AP courses in high school, as well as a unique MPX curriculum to accommodate learner preferences and styles (MPX is much more project based than the traditional track). Arts continue to be quite strong. IT/digital visual arts is very strong. Students are taught from elementary school how to be good digital citizens.
I’ve been at Mid Pac from preschool (I’m now a sophomore), and I’ve always loved it. The teachers care about the students and their well being, as do the deans. There are lots of opportunities to get help with schoolwork from teachers and peers. The students are kind and creative. We have many different performing arts options, as well as just art. I feel as though Mid Pacific is truly preparing me for my future.