Mid-Buchanan Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Faucett, MO. It has 325 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Mid-Buchanan Senior High School Rankings
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C102 Students
- B69 Students
- A41 Students
- B28 Students
- A27 Students
- B+25 Students
- B+23 Students
- A-12 Students
- A11 Students
- A-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Mid-Buchanan Senior High School
- BNorth Platte High School
- North Platte County R-I School District, MO
- 73 reviews
- B+West Platte High School
- West Platte County R-II School District, MO
- 75 reviews
- B-East Buchanan High School
- East Buchanan County C-I School District, MO
- 20 reviews
- B-Benton High School
- St. Joseph School District, MO
- 89 reviews
Mid-Buchanan Senior High School Reviews
There are various types of clubs and sports and organizations to be involved in all year long. I participate in Art Club all year long, and there is never a dull moment. I also participate in FFA, FCCLA, Cross Country, and Track. While Art Club is fun, there aren't a lot of funds for expenses and field trips. FFA is frequently taking trips to compete, especially in the spring, when we always take a lucky group of students down to Columbia for State. FCCLA often has fundraisers, but it is hard to be involved in this group as I am already involved in FFA, and the two groups do some activities together. Cross Country and Track will be getting new uniforms this year! (an accomplishment not many students get to experience!) Also, we were recently selected for a grant to build a new Track, so we can now host Track meets. With the grant we are also building a new entrance to the school, and installing air conditioning throughout. Many teachers teach as well as coach, and many teachers come to games and meets to support each sport.
I've gone to Mid-Buchanan my whole life, and have been very blessed with this community. It's a small school with super supportive staff. Our teachers and coaches are very talented. Students are able to actively participate in almost any sport or extra-curricular activity they want, without being penalized in other areas. Most students leave prepared for life after, but also with bitter-sweet goodbyes.
Most of the teachers at my school go above and beyond to make sure you have learned and understand the material being taught. There are many different teaching styles used, which can help you decide what style is the most effective for you, and can aid in studying. The teachers at my school are very knowledgable in the subject they are teaching. Some teachers are very successful in connecting with each student the same. Making them not only your teacher, but your friend. Grading techniques can vary with different teachers, but each teacher stays true to their style of grading.