Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C
- Diversitygrade B minus
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade C
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C minus
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade C+
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C minus
Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Michigan Center, MI. It has 628 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 26% in reading.
Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A77 Students
- grade C minus72 Students
- grade B61 Students
- grade B+61 Students
- grade B+58 Students
- grade A+58 Students
- grade B minus53 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
- grade B+38 Students
- grade B minus16 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A minus
- Good for Familiesgrade B minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responses
- Homecoming, snowball, prom,27%
- The Rock, Paper, Scissors Contest27%
- Battle of the Bands15%
- Getting out of the school12%
- Spaghetti and Swing12%
grade B minus
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade C minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$13,240 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 16 responses
Schools like Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School
- grade B minusNapoleon High School
- Napoleon Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.52 out of 5 87 reviews
- grade BWestern High School
- Western School District, MI
- Rating 3.71 out of 5 316 reviews
- grade B minusColumbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- Rating 3.58 out of 5 98 reviews
- grade C minusOnsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- Rating 3.05 out of 5 103 reviews
Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.37 out of 5 95 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Michigan Center high school is a fantastic school. Here, we are one big family and everyone repsects and likes each other. The teachers are so helpful with the students and they explain things the best they can. They make friends with the students instead of just being a mean adult to hand out homework. The assignments are fairly easy but hard at the same time. The school is one big community and when people of Michigan center do great thinga, everyone is proud and we all feel welcome. The sports are one of a kind and we've had all good seasons. The football, basketball, bowling, hockey, cheer, all had good seasons. Now track, softball, baseball, cross country are going big and they're ready for anything thrown at them. Michigan Center has some flaws too. Like we're not the smartest schooland the lunches can be improoved.Thank you for taking the time to see and learn about Michigan Center, a place qhere everyone is welcome. Go Cards!
Personally I loved Michigan Center High School, they always felt like family to me. The teachers have been my biggest supporters all throughout my academic career. I’m honored to say I’m a part of such a great cardinal family.
MCHS is a small town school that favors legacy students of families that have resided in MC or Cascades Conference schools. Academic and athletic preference is given to legacy students, but overall culture provides welcoming atmosphere especially by students. Overall, quality opportunities for the school size and demographic. Nothing fancy, but nice small town atmosphere and education.