Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Michigan Center, MI. It has 652 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 23% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A50 Students
- B46 Students
- C46 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+41 Students
- A+40 Students
- B37 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+24 Students
- B14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingA-
- Good for FamiliesB-
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School
- B-Napoleon High School
- Napoleon Community Schools, MI
- 83 reviews
- B-Western High School
- Western School District, MI
- 287 reviews
- B-Columbia Central High School
- Columbia School District, MI
- 82 reviews
- C+Onsted Community High School
- Onsted Community Schools, MI
- 87 reviews
Michigan Center Junior/Senior High School Reviews
Michigan Center high school is a fantastic school. Here, we are one big family and everyone repsects and likes each other. The teachers are so helpful with the students and they explain things the best they can. They make friends with the students instead of just being a mean adult to hand out homework. The assignments are fairly easy but hard at the same time. The school is one big community and when people of Michigan center do great thinga, everyone is proud and we all feel welcome. The sports are one of a kind and we've had all good seasons. The football, basketball, bowling, hockey, cheer, all had good seasons. Now track, softball, baseball, cross country are going big and they're ready for anything thrown at them. Michigan Center has some flaws too. Like we're not the smartest schooland the lunches can be improoved.Thank you for taking the time to see and learn about Michigan Center, a place qhere everyone is welcome. Go Cards!
Michigan Center High School was an all around an amazing educational experience. Every teacher that I had was willing to help me on any courses I had been struggling to understand. They had put in the extra time and made sure that I 100% had understood the lesson they had been teaching me. Each and everyone of them was not only a teacher to me, but a person I could go to whenever I was in deep need of something. I moved to Michigan Center schools at the start of my sophomore year. I had gone to a GPA of a 3.2, to two weeks away from graduating with a 3.9. Michigan Center schools have helped me be the student that I am today and had led me towards going to a University, majoring in a master's degree, Speech Language Pathology.
I love my school! It has a great environment and all the students are very welcoming and open to new students. That is one of the best things about my school, the students are excepting of other students if they maybe a little different. If I had to do it all over again and I could pick a different school I wouldn't change a thing.