Miami Junior Senior High School is a public school located in Miami, AZ. It has 448 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 25% in reading.
Miami Junior Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A67 Students
- B60 Students
- A37 Students
- B34 Students
- B33 Students
- C+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+12 Students
- A12 Students
- B-11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 26 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Miami Junior Senior High School Reviews
For a small school, it's not too bad. Miami has a lot of disadvantages such as low income, low attendance, and poor parental involvement. However, students, teachers, and administrators are handling these problems quite well. Of course, there is still much work to be done. Perhaps these disadvantages are for the better to improve on essential skills for the workforce or for college/university preparation.
I love a lot of the teachers here, but not the way they teach. They do not prepare us for college and there is a lot of favoritism. They put certain rules in place for a reason, like dress code, yet they do not enforce them. The food is limited and not very appetizing, and not to mention there are very few options. The sports programs are getting better, as well as the academics, however, there is still a lot of work to be done!
It wasn't bad, just wasn't as advance as an online school was. I transferred my senior year to a public school so I could play sports, and going from basically teaching yourself to having people there it definitely helped out a lot.