Miami Junior Senior High School is a public school located in Miami, AZ. It has 508 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 15% in reading.
Miami Junior Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A45 Students
- B+36 Students
- B-24 Students
- B24 Students
- A-24 Students
- A10 Students
- A+8 Students
- A+7 Students
- A+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 17 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Miami Junior Senior High School Reviews
I love a lot of the teachers here, but not the way they teach. They do not prepare us for college and there is a lot of favoritism. They put certain rules in place for a reason, like dress code, yet they do not enforce them. The food is limited and not very appetizing, and not to mention there are very few options. The sports programs are getting better, as well as the academics, however, there is still a lot of work to be done!
In my 10, plus years at Miami School district i can say very great things about my old high school. My class in particular, The Class of 2017, were more than just peers. i know i can speak for all of them when i saw that we are more like a family. Especially after losing one of our close classmates, which in a way brought us all together. I can also state that even though i didn't graduate with my class i did in my hear because once a vandal always a vandal!
I graduated Spring of 2016 and went on to ASU. Miami is overall a great school for community standards but most of my peers were left behind when it came to college options because they werent preparing most of us. I luckily had a great support network outside of school who helped me get to where I am now. Not every student is that lucky and I wish there were more resources for students who were unsure if they could go to college or even afford it.