Miami High School is an above average, public school located in Miami, OK. It has 607 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 22% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Miami High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+124 Students
- A99 Students
- A90 Students
- A-60 Students
- C48 Students
- B-43 Students
- B+41 Students
- B41 Students
- C30 Students
- C30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
Miami High School Reviews
Being a Wardog used to be something of significance here in Miami, something to be proud of. However, with each year that passes on the students carry less pride and respect for our school. I blame the lack of community within our school, we should be working to get kids involved in a school community and give them something to be proud of.
I have belonged in this high school since the very first day of ninth grade like anywhere there are amazing days, okay days, and terrible days. I have cried and grown immensely in my four years. The one absolute thing I love about my amazing high school is how despite everything we may not particularly like about each other if one of us has a crisis we come together and help in anyway we could. Recently, a student in my grade lost her father and the senior class came together and did whatever we could to lessen the stress of the tragedy. I also love our foreign exchange program that's let us as students get to meet and become friends with other students around the world. Although, I love how we can come together I do not like the dress code. My school has no sense of what is appropriate to where to school even if they do implement a dress code it is mainly directed toward the girls, but not all the girls as some get favored and are allowed to wear what they would like.
Academically High. Very pleased with my high school experience. GREAT school, highly recommended. I was a transfer student coming in my senior year. I needed a challenge and lacked guidance from my previous smaller school. Upon arrival at MHS, I was chosen for leadership camp, inducted into the NHS, was cheerleader and active in many clubs. It has been a wonderful high school experience! I wish I would have gone to MHS my entire life. GO WARDOGS!