Miami Country Day School Reviews

My experience as a student at Miami Country Day School has been the BEST six years of my LIFE! I started in six grade and now I am a Senior; college ready and world traveled.
Miami Country day school rises above all others in terms of education, safety, and learning experiences. I came from a public high school can say the difference is day and night. The teachers put forth the effort to make sure that you not only pass the class but retain the important material that is taught. The school itself prepares you for college using the semestral schedule. I can say with full confidence that if I have kids I would immediately enroll them here.
My son don’t even go to that school yet But I went to the open house the Administration Stuff Are amazing the
minute you step inside that’s school you feel
like you are home They treat you with respect and kindness if you don’t believe me go see for yourself. Thank you for that experience I will never forget .

son
Start Your Review of Miami Country Day School
I attended the school since the 6th grade and it has been great. The school is very diverse and unique for anyone that wants to attend.
I have been there since 6th grade and now I am a senior. This school is inclusive and every student's voice is heard and respected. I received a first-class and well-rounded learning experience. As they say at Country Day "Every Student, Every Day."
Both of my kids started MCDS in middle school. The whole child concept did wonders on their behaviour, openess to people, academics, sport, culture and music. I highly recommend MCDS.
Miami Country Day School is a school that will prepare kids for college, and where they can explore their interest. Sadly, there is not much diversity and in every graduating class, some kids feel excluded. Also, the culture at the school is very plastic just like the city, Miami, itself.
I am an actual student that has gone to this school since Pre K and am currently in Middle School 7th grade. The students are horrible because they all think they are too good for everyone and are plain out annoying bringing the best of the best items to school trying to be better than everyone else, ruining time in class to learn because of fooling around and not, and very inappropriate behavior is constantly thrown out at my pears. The Academics are average because there are so many things that are useless that are being taught every single day. Teachers constantly have anger issues when I or other students try to clarify something because we don't understand and tend to ignore us because he cant take it.
I am a current parent of two children at Miami Country Day School and it's been a wonderful experience thus far. Both children are so different as far as academics and interests are concerned and the school is a great fit for both. I have been at the school for eight years and have watched my children grow and evolve. Being a former New Yorker, I was new to Miami and looking for a sense of community in the school we chose. I was not disappointed. The unique whole child philosophy has given my children a unique outlook on their future and education. I highly recommend this school for families that are looking for a connection to the community, a strong academic college preparatory program and the teaching of core values.
Hold your noise and your wallet cuz you will need both hands. My kids went there for a total of 13 years combined.
The major and most important focus is philanthrophy. If can give the big bucks (100k plus a year per child ) to the school (not counting tuition) you will be fine. Better then fine. If you just want to pay the tuition or give a bit, you will be treated as a priah. In fact they may ask you to leave. If you dont plan on giving don’t think that you will be in the clear. The learning resource program (a joke) will cost you about 10k extra per child and they will be trying to get little jr into the program. Don’t forget the after school tutors (100 plus per hour and according to them every child should have many extra hours), and the school connected psychologists which almost every child needs (acccordinng to them).
I am a current parent at MCDS and I couldn't be happier! My child is learning and thriving and most importantly, he is happy. We both receive such a warm welcome every morning by staff and students alike. My son is involved in swimming and soccer and is excelling academically. The campus is gorgeous and allows for students to explore all of their interests from academics to the arts to athletics. Wonderful community to be a part of. I highly recommend Miami Country Day School!
What I love about Miami Country Day School is that you're in a safe are and the teachers here give all of their time to you. The teachers give you everything you possibly need in order for you to understand the material they're teaching, I wouldn't want to change a thing.
Excellent institution. As a former student, I attended MCDS for Upper School. The curriculum was challenging and engaging and prepared me for college. As an alumnus, you are always welcomed back on campus to see many of the similar faces that have still been teaching there. The campus is gorgeous and continues to grow. The sports program have been in the national rankings and continue to get college scholarships.
MCDS is a great all inclusive private school. I attended stating eighth grade and I never wanted to leave again. I had the opportunity to meet great people and do a lot of very fun activities while still receiving a great education from teachers that care deeply about their students. Even to this day I remember as if it was yesterday that I was walking through the halls of the brand new buildings that the school had recently built. Every time I pass by I remember the amazing times I had going to soccer games, basketball games, live concerts and many other extracurricular activities.
Ive had two kids attend Miami Country Day School since 6 grade and could not be happier with the results. My oldest is now graduation and is in the college application process. We feel that he is ready for the next chapter in his life, thanks to his wonderful teacher at MCDS.
MCDS has a very creative environment in which each student is valued by his own uniqueness. Teachers are very well prepared and genuinely interested in their students. It's a great community.
My family has been very happy at Miami Country Day School. Let's put it this way - my kids love going to school. What more can a parent ask for? The teachers are caring and genuinely interested in your child's best interest. From the lunch person to the Director of the school - all amazing people. We have been at the school for 9 years so far. Good luck
Start Your Review of Miami Country Day School
This school is going downgrade every year. It became a collection of real estate property, beautiful architecture to hide the fact the academically it's getting worse. But this is due to the fact that in order to build this place every donator will be able to put his kids in school, no matter their performance in school or they behavior.
The high school has a drug problem, and elementary have no more room in the classroom. started with small classes of 16-18 became now around 20 in each class.
They are over exceeded the number of people that are allowed on the property, claiming not all students attend school every day, so they are not "formally" breaking the law.
From K thru 12th grade MCDS provided a remarkable school and educational experience for our child. Top to bottom, administration right down to the teachers and counselors the personal interest that was taken in our child was exceptional. The curriculum offered was first class and always challenged our child to work at his maximum potential. Ultimately his preparation for his college education and the guidance that he received to steer him to an optimal institution of higher learning was superb...as parents, we could not ask for, or have hoped for a more positive educational atmosphere and experience for our child.
Miami Country Day is a very welcoming community, and this provides a very safe environment, however academics are not as strong as they could be for the price of attending this school.