Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Mexico High School is an above average, public school located in Mexico, MO. It has 745 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Mexico High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-70 Students
- C+47 Students
- B42 Students
- B30 Students
- B+27 Students
- B-25 Students
- C+23 Students
- B21 Students
- B+21 Students
- B+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Mexico High School Reviews
For the most part, Mexico High School has given me a great experience. Most of the teachers and faculty are nice, we are getting turf on the field, we have new enrichment seminars, and our pep assemblies are very exciting. However, we do not support each other as a whole. Do not get me wrong, we do a great job of supporting the football team, softball, and things like that. It seems as though other sports, clubs, activities, and people always get lost in the mix. I would definitely love to see Mexico High School become one solid supportive group.
When I first started Mexico high school I thought it was going to be so difficult getting around a 3 story building and walking to other building for classes but I soon realized I was not alone. There was so many nice people willing to help me out. The last 3 years have been really good I participated in volleyball, yearbook, Spanish, many different clubs and I could’ve done a lot more. They have many things for everyone, interested in anything. Mexico high school is very supportive of anything their student body does and they are proud of everyone that goes there. It’s an amazing school to attend.
In Mexico High School every morning is a new begging". You either can go to the gym or the cafeteria. I chose to go to the cafeteria to do my homework", study, or just hang out with my friends. I believe Mexico can have potential, we have a lot of great teachers that try there best to help us out and look out for us. We have a good art department but I also think it can be better, many of us who take art seriously would like to have better paint ether than that there's always room for improvement.