Mexico High School is a public school located in Mexico, MO. It has 675 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 77% in reading.
Mexico High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A49 Students
- C+36 Students
- B+33 Students
- B24 Students
- C+19 Students
- B-19 Students
- A-17 Students
- B16 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mexico High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Mexico High School Reviews
Mexico High School was a decent school overall. There were some excellent teachers, but there were also poor teachers. The administration was good at taking care of children by disciplining them. I enjoyed my time at Mexico High School.
Most of the teachers that I have had are amazing and great at their job. However, there are some who aren’t the greatest and I had to switch out of their class because I felt that I was learning little if not nothing from them. I also feel that they could also go more in-depth with note taking strategies to better prepare students for college.
Mexico high school is a school of traditions and preparation for bright futures. At MHS teachers and faculty are understanding and caring. They teach students discipline as well as responsibility.