Mexia High School
- Mexia, TX
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C+
- Health & Safetygrade B
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade A minus
- Foodgrade B minus
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Mexia High School is a public school located in Mexia, TX. It has 505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Mexia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C59 Students
- grade B48 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade A+47 Students
- grade B+47 Students
- grade A minus43 Students
- grade A37 Students
- grade B32 Students
- grade B30 Students
- grade A minus26 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade A
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Pep rallies13%
- Spirit Week13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 4 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,582 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 11 responses
Schools like Mexia High School
- grade unavailableDevelopmental Center
- Mexia Independent School District, TX
- grade B minusGroesbeck High School
- Groesbeck Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.51 out of 5 77 reviews
- grade A minusTeague High School
- Teague Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.98 out of 5 41 reviews
- grade B minusCoolidge High School
- Coolidge Independent School District, TX
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 8 reviews
Mexia High School Reviews
Rating 3.74 out of 5 42 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Mexia (Muh-hay-uh) High School provides a great learning environment for its students, but like any other school there is evident room for improvement. Fortunately, for the students of Mexia High, the staff and school board of this independent school district are well aware. Administration of Mexia High School create opportunities for students to become leaders through student led 'PAC' meetings. In these meetings Mexia relies on its students to initiate change by presenting issues important to the student body and finding possible solutions. This promotes the progressiveness and efficiency in which we solve student related issues. Students are currently working on a proposal for the Mexia school board to reconsider the stipulations of the school's dress code and are even considering ways to improve our major testing techniques through things like TSI camp and tutorial opportunities. Unfortunately, our school culture and spirit are lacking severely, more so than previous years.
Mexia High School is a very diverse school. There are so many different groups of people in this school like the jocks and the nerds. It showed me that no matter how much time progresses that history will repeat itself as many events that happen are predictable with a watchful eye. Yet the best thing about this school is not the school itself, yet the students with weird and quirky personalities. The only thing I would change is the building itself, if I could replace the building yet keep everything else the same the school would be amazing for me.
My experience in Mexia High School has been great. Everyone is friendly, and the teachers are always ready to help anyone with anything. To improve the school, changes are made in the learning programs and even the athletic programs, for Mexia High School continuely strives to be the best they can be. Mexia High School has an awesome diversity where everyone mixes and interacts with one another. It is a great place to be, and overall it is great school.