Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Mexia High School is an above average, public school located in Mexia, TX. It has 505 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Mexia High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C53 Students
- B46 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+43 Students
- B+43 Students
- A-41 Students
- A33 Students
- B-30 Students
- B27 Students
- B24 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Mexia High School
- NGDevelopmental Center
- Mexia Independent School District, TX
- C+Groesbeck High School
- Groesbeck Independent School District, TX
- 75 reviews
- A-Teague High School
- Teague Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
- C+Coolidge High School
- Coolidge Independent School District, TX
- 8 reviews
Mexia High School Reviews
Mexia High School is a very diverse school. There are so many different groups of people in this school like the jocks and the nerds. It showed me that no matter how much time progresses that history will repeat itself as many events that happen are predictable with a watchful eye. Yet the best thing about this school is not the school itself, yet the students with weird and quirky personalities. The only thing I would change is the building itself, if I could replace the building yet keep everything else the same the school would be amazing for me.
My experience in Mexia High School has been great. Everyone is friendly, and the teachers are always ready to help anyone with anything. To improve the school, changes are made in the learning programs and even the athletic programs, for Mexia High School continuely strives to be the best they can be. Mexia High School has an awesome diversity where everyone mixes and interacts with one another. It is a great place to be, and overall it is great school.
Small close community. Sadly losing some small town traditions with a superintendent who does not compliment small town life. Numerous clubs to participate in. Knowledgeable Teachers who Love and care about their students.