Metuchen High School is a highly rated, public school located in Metuchen, NJ. It has 646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 39% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Metuchen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A97 Students
- A+43 Students
- A37 Students
- B+35 Students
- A34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+27 Students
- B-23 Students
- A+22 Students
- B-21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Schools like Metuchen High School
- A+Bridgewater-Raritan High School
- Bridgewater-Raritan Regional School District, NJ
- 383 reviews
- A+South Brunswick High School
- South Brunswick Public Schools, NJ
- 384 reviews
- AScotch Plains-Fanwood High School
- Scotch Plains-Fanwood School District, NJ
- 212 reviews
- A+Watchung Hills Regional High School
- Public School
- Warren, NJ
- 293 reviews
Metuchen High School Reviews
I liked the wide array of available club options and ways to get involved at Metuchen High School. There are plenty of ways to get involved from music, to sports, to theater. One problem with the school is the size. Each year the class sizes grow and there is not enough room for everyone passing in the hallways between class and in the classrooms. Some of the teachers are amazing and will truly help and encourage you while others are not the best educators and make enjoying school difficult at times.
MHS is a relatively small school, but given its size, it still has a lot to offer. There are tons of different AP and honors level courses and a good share of electives. The teachers tend to be very passionate as well and make for great classes. However, there is much room for improvement such as new clubs, more classes, promoting diversity more, etc.
The courses offered at MHS are varied, and they definitely allow students to explore any passion or interest they have. While I appreciate the school's effort to open a more encompassing Program of Studies, the faculty in some fields definitely have more experience and passion than others.