Methuen High School is an above average, public school located in Methuen, MA. It has 1,868 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Methuen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+216 Students
- A142 Students
- B106 Students
- A+97 Students
- B87 Students
- C+85 Students
- A+78 Students
- B68 Students
- A-67 Students
- C+66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Methuen High School
- BWhittier Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Public School
- Haverhill, MA
- 187 reviews
- BHaverhill High School
- Haverhill Public Schools, MA
- 207 reviews
- BGreater Lowell Technical High School
- Public School
- Tyngsborough, MA
- 160 reviews
- B+Lowell High School
- Lowell Public Schools, MA
- 299 reviews
Methuen High School Reviews
My experience at Methuen High has been good! The administration is a little poor at times and has a hard time helping students, but as a whole, the faculty is extremely kind and helpful. The extracurricular opportunities here are very prominent and welcoming.
My experience at Methuen High School was enriching by engaging with students that have diverse backgrounds and cultures. Throughout my four years, I was welcomed by each one of my teachers and I felt appreciated by them. My favorite thing about my high school is that our teachers and administrators looked to the students for new ideas to implement into our school. Recently, our school was rebuilt due to the fact that it was just no longer practical for the students or the teachers. After the renovations, our school was very bland and the walls were blank. To add life and culture into our school, our administration saw it as a good idea to have our student students paint a mural on our school's walls. I would say our school allows the students to explore their ideas and be themselves.
I liked the amount of AP classes available and the amazing staff members! The guidance staff in particular are amazing, and they are there to help you with whatever your needs may be. Also there is a great fine arts program, as well as sports. The school is new and improved and the faculty are always willing to go above and beyond for their students. You are definitely prepared for whatever path you choose after high school.