Methuen High School is an above average, public school located in Methuen, MA. It has 1,876 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 91% in reading.
Methuen High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+184 Students
- A116 Students
- B93 Students
- A+79 Students
- B+72 Students
- A+70 Students
- C+69 Students
- C+60 Students
- B-59 Students
- A-56 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Methuen High School
- BWhittier Regional Vocational Technical High School
- Public School
- Haverhill, MA
- 169 reviews
- BHaverhill High School
- Haverhill Public Schools, MA
- 199 reviews
- B-Greater Lowell Technical High School
- Public School
- Tyngsborough, MA
- 148 reviews
- B+Lowell High School
- Lowell Public Schools, MA
- 282 reviews
Methuen High School Reviews
I liked the amount of AP classes available and the amazing staff members! The guidance staff in particular are amazing, and they are there to help you with whatever your needs may be. Also there is a great fine arts program, as well as sports. The school is new and improved and the faculty are always willing to go above and beyond for their students. You are definitely prepared for whatever path you choose after high school.
After hurricane Maria I moved to Methuen and begin studying at Methuen High School in December 2017. Even though I had to move to another country, this experience has been amazing. I have successfully adapted to a new culture, language and school. I love everything about the school including the teachers who teach really well. They had helped me whenever I have questions or any doubt. Also the students because they are friendly towards me. I always had the dream to study in the United States, and it became real. I will always be thankful for the kindness of the Methuen High School staff.
Transferred here from area private school and loved it so much more at MHS. Got into the same (or better) colleges than peers at private school. Honors and AP classes are 100% worth it. Entered college with one semester worth of college credit because of AP credit earned at MHS!