Methacton High School is an elite, public school located in Eagleville, PA. It has 1,662 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Methacton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-189 Students
- A+179 Students
- A148 Students
- A-131 Students
- B+124 Students
- A+97 Students
- A72 Students
- B65 Students
- A+50 Students
- A+46 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Methacton High School
- AUpper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 216 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 230 reviews
- A+Downingtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 216 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 132 reviews
Methacton High School Reviews
Science fair team is very strong, and the competitive culture is built healthily and well. Teachers are very hit-or-miss, as some are absolutely excellent at what they do and others are incapable or essentially cold. Still others have good intentions but no way of implementing those intentions. The administration is packed full of fools who have no clue how to spend money. Elsewhere, the school administration is simply ignorant of and disconnected from the student body, constantly surprised by their discovery of years-old trends and cultural developments within the school. Furthermore, they claim to create an environment that protects all students from bullying and harm of any kind yet fail to implement any sort of systematic change and instead resort to punishing kids for single incidents, all while displaying a pathological bias towards athletes. Methacton could be a very good school, but as it is, with administrators such as "Dr." Kochenour ruling over the student-teacher body, no.
Overall, I love Methacton. Each grade has around 400 students but class sizes are typically between 15-23 students. All of my teachers are great and are always readily available for extra help after school. A diverse amount of classes are offered, ranging from co-taught for students who need extra help, to tons of honors and AP courses. The faculty are all friendly and happy to be there. The only poor part of Methacton is that the teachers are not paid well so there are constantly contract negotiations, strike threats, and we gone on strike previously this year.
Methacton High School is a school full of brilliant educators that help pave the way for the students who pass through. They offer many classes and opportunities for students of all interests. The one thing I feel Methacton lacks is an equal balance of the arts. As a film major, I struggled with finding and getting into classes that aided me in studying subjects I am interested. The teachers are willing to work with you to help their courses pertain to what you want to study, but it would be nice to have classes already designed to hit all interests of students.