Methacton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Eagleville, PA. It has 1,628 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 86% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
Methacton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A214 Students
- A+201 Students
- A167 Students
- A-144 Students
- B139 Students
- A+107 Students
- A81 Students
- B72 Students
- A+56 Students
- A53 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyNG
- Cost of LivingC
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Schools like Methacton High School
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 231 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 233 reviews
- ADowningtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 224 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 137 reviews
Methacton High School Reviews
First, Methacton lacks a lot of diversity which in my personal opinion is essential in creating a comfortable and understanding atmosphere for kids who are first-generation immigrants, African-Americans etc. Another thing that I didn't enjoy was that some teachers that I've encountered over the years have been purely insensitive and lack passion in teaching, making it harder for a student to do well and thrive. Others have been very pleasant, but those teachers are hard to come by. Above all, the worst thing about Methacton is the allotted budget of the school. Because of a strike, school became much more difficult because teachers had to fit extensive material into a small curriculum. In spite of all this, it was easy to make a lot of friends because of the school size. Sports/activities here were a huge part of my life these 4 years and they were essential in building my character which I'm very thankful for. Finally, academics here are pretty great, even though it can be difficult
Science fair team is very strong, and the competitive culture is built healthily and well. Teachers are very hit-or-miss, as some are absolutely excellent at what they do and others are incapable or essentially cold. Still others have good intentions but no way of implementing those intentions. The administration is packed full of fools who have no clue how to spend money. Elsewhere, the school administration is simply ignorant of and disconnected from the student body, constantly surprised by their discovery of years-old trends and cultural developments within the school. Furthermore, they claim to create an environment that protects all students from bullying and harm of any kind yet fail to implement any sort of systematic change and instead resort to punishing kids for single incidents, all while displaying a pathological bias towards athletes. Methacton could be a very good school, but as it is, with administrators such as "Dr." Kochenour ruling over the student-teacher body, no.
Methacton High School is an overall average school. There is a wide variety of course you could take which is great. However, recently, they have started to take some classes away and the class sizes are just too large. Moving on, there is not a lot of "school pride." No one ever gets super into spirit week and not too many kids actually attend all of our games. On the bright side, the food is actually okay. We have a wide variety of choices including a pasta bar, pizza, wraps, daily changing options, etc. Lastly, our facilities are disgusting. The bathroom toilet seats are pealing and turning yellow.