Methacton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Eagleville, PA. It has 1,587 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Methacton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-245 Students
- A+233 Students
- A190 Students
- A-161 Students
- B154 Students
- A+117 Students
- A89 Students
- B82 Students
- A+64 Students
- B+61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.41 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.44 responses
Schools like Methacton High School
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 245 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- ADowningtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 235 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 141 reviews
Methacton High School Reviews
Coming to Methacton High School was completely terrifying, but it's now a really great place to spend my time. The bonds you form with classmates are forever. You meet friends in high school that really mold your life in a positive way. It is incredibly safe, complete with cameras and a school officer that everybody loves. The art program here is the best in the county. Most AP art classes contain around 8 students, while at Methacton there are currently two classes of around 15. 80% of the teachers here really love their jobs and are here for the kids. They don't mind students asking questions or seeking help. The office secretaries and assistants are lovely and will answer all of your questions. Disciplinarians and the principal are all very engaging, although they aren't always everyone's favorites. The students' wellbeings are highly important to them.
I feel that our academics are very strong. I have had very good experiences with many teachers from both the math and science departments, as well as the social studies and language departments. However, the English department has been consistently terrible in my experience, as most of the teachers that I have had for English were unable to effectively do their job. Athletically we have success in some sports and failure in others. It really boils down to the strength of the youth programs, but the difference in coaching greatly reflects the overall success of each sport. The facilities could use improvement in many facets, but for an old building, the school is kept relatively clean and in good shape. All in all, the academics are very strong (except parts of English Department), facilities are average, and athletic teams are hit and miss.
My experience with Methacton High School is very good. Methacton has great teachers and the education is great too. There are a lot of AP and honors classes to take in every single subject. There are also a lot of activities, sports, and clubs that anyone can join. Academics and extracurricular activities are a great strong point. There are some bad things such as the food, diversity, and some of the teachers. The diversity is pretty low, there aren't many Hispanic, Black, or other minorities in the school compared to other places. The food is outsourced to another company and there is a lot of choice but sometimes things are just wrong every time(burnt fries everyday, burnt buns on the sandwiches, pizza that has way too much tomato sauce)