Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Methacton High School is a highly rated, public school located in Eagleville, PA. It has 1,552 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 83% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Methacton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-328 Students
- A+318 Students
- A280 Students
- A-229 Students
- B198 Students
- A+160 Students
- A112 Students
- A+109 Students
- B105 Students
- A-88 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
Schools like Methacton High School
- A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 263 reviews
- AEast High School
- West Chester Area School District, PA
- 245 reviews
- A+Downingtown High School East
- Downingtown Area School District, PA
- 261 reviews
- ASpringfield Township High School
- Springfield Township School District, PA
- 155 reviews
Methacton High School Reviews
Methacton has provided me with a great education. Most teachers at the high school care about their students, their wellbeing, and their success within the classroom. Outside of the classroom, Methacton works hard to promote mental health and brings in plenty of speakers to talk about important topics. There are plenty of fun traditions that make going to school there enjoyable!
Methacton has strong points in its academics- in almost all of my classes, especially the AP classes, I have felt like I have learned a lot and was prepared well for tests. The teachers are dedicated and for the most part supportive- there are, of course, some harsh teachers as in any school. There is lots of spirit around our sports teams and school events, and the club selection is broad because students have the option to make their own clubs. Methacton can improve on college readiness; with Covid I understand it is harder to help students but I feel lost in terms of applying for college. Also, their mental health support has been less than satisfactory in my case. While many teachers are understanding of mental health accommodations, the administration was much harder on me during a difficult time. Overall, Methacton has good academics, technology, and events, but is lacking in a few areas that are very important-- college readiness and support for students.
Really great school! Lots of great teachers and administrators, lots of sports. Lots of clubs and after school activities. Clubs for anyone an anything. Lots of reasources for after school. Such as college readiness and a career center.