Metamora High School is a highly rated, public school located in Metamora, IL. It has 985 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
PO Box 109
Metamora, IL 61548
Metamora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-104 Students
- B+88 Students
- A-66 Students
- A+54 Students
- B43 Students
- A42 Students
- B34 Students
- A+27 Students
- B25 Students
- A+25 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Schools like Metamora High School
- A-Washington Community High School
- Public School
- Washington, IL
- 97 reviews
- BIllinois Valley Central High School
- Illinois Valley Central School District No. 321, IL
- 40 reviews
- A-Eureka High School
- Eureka Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- 88 reviews
- B+Midland High School
- Midland Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 24 reviews
Metamora High School Reviews
Great teachers and kind faculty! Some parts of the building were very outdated, though they are working to improve. Safety has improved within the past year! College readiness depends upon the student and their willingness.
Metamora High School is a quality school with great academic opportunities, as well as many extracurricular activities. Students will find counselors and teachers that are helpful and caring, as well as coaches that help students build character. Academic options provide a solid background needed for college, but also allows for many elective opportunities, which encourages students to explore their passions. Metamora High School is a great place to get a really good education.
Overall, Metamora is just an average school. The teachers are great, but the school lacks different cultures and liberal viewpoints. Because it is located in a farming community, there is a lack of acceptance towards people who aren’t of the norm. The school has a serious racial issue, and it has drug its students through the mud because of it. Other than that, I’ve had a okay experience with teachers and many of the faculty members.