Metamora High School is a highly rated, public school located in Metamora, IL. It has 984 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Metamora High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-120 Students
- B+103 Students
- A-79 Students
- A+61 Students
- B49 Students
- A46 Students
- B-37 Students
- A+32 Students
- B-29 Students
- B+27 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Metamora High School
- A-Washington Community High School
- Public School
- Washington, IL
- 116 reviews
- B+Illinois Valley Central High School
- Illinois Valley Central School District No. 321, IL
- 42 reviews
- A-Eureka High School
- Eureka Community Unit School District No. 140, IL
- 97 reviews
- BMidland High School
- Midland Community Unit School District No. 7, IL
- 27 reviews
Metamora High School Reviews
Metamora offers several options for extra curriculars. They also have a lot of help available for people who might need more than the average. However, Metamora High School does not have an adequate Honors Program in many subjects, and a majority students in Honors classes do not feel challenged. The environment of the school can seem almost hierarchical at times, and the administration does not treat everyone the same. There is very little cultural diversity, but being in its area, this makes sense. Overall, Metamora is an average place for education.
I definitely received an excellent education at Metamora Township High School. My teachers made sure to give me all the resources I needed to succeed. The school in general gives students plenty of resources for anyone's needs. I like how Metamora makes sure there is equal opportunity for everyone and they have something to offer for everyone's taste. I felt very safe while attending Metamora because we had a cop on campus at all times to ensure the student's safety. I definitely would want to bring my own children to a school like Metamora. I benefited majorly by being able to attend Metamora Township Highschool.
Great teachers and kind faculty! Some parts of the building were very outdated, though they are working to improve. Safety has improved within the past year! College readiness depends upon the student and their willingness.