Mesick Consolidated Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Mesick, MI. It has 302 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 20 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Mesick Consolidated Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+26 Students
- B17 Students
- A13 Students
- A+12 Students
- B10 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-7 Students
- C-7 Students
- B-6 Students
- B+6 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Mesick Consolidated Junior/Senior High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.5 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Mesick Consolidated Junior/Senior High School
Mesick Consolidated Junior/Senior High School Reviews
I enjoyed the school environment at Mesick, you can tell that the teachers (most of them) really care about their students and want them to better themselves. The academics were pretty easy to understand as long as you put in the work and most teachers know what methods to use to engage their students. However, the school is falling apart and needs some major upgrades. The parents aren't very involved within the school and that makes for unmotivated and frankly rude students who disrespect the teachers.
I started off going to Mesick due to bullying issues at my elementary school. When I got there, things started off okay but soon took a nosedive. By high school, there were many bullying issues with other students that weren't being taken care of. The administration was not taking these incidents seriously.
I go to a very small school and there we have had to lay off teachers and reduce some staff in that past couple of years. Most of the teachers that I see everyday and work with struggle with trying to get students to work. Some teachers just don't have patience and can loose their temper really quick. We don't really have good consequences when something happens. Its mainly first offence talk with principle, second offense call home, third offense in or out school suspension. Most of my teachers have different ways of getting their students to work and open up themselves a little more by talking to them a little more and sometimes working with them individual. Breaking down the information into a simpler form and sometimes having the students struggle a little more go down to work with the Special ED. room where they can work without any distractions. The consistency of the grading style is okay and needs to be improved greatly. Some teachers take forever to grade papers and sometimes the weight will fall onto a teacher and adds a lot of pressure on them to finish that night or that weekend.