Mesabi East Secondary School is a public school located in Aurora, MN. It has 424 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Mesabi East Secondary School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+18 Students
- B+15 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-12 Students
- B10 Students
- B10 Students
- B9 Students
- C+8 Students
- C+7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Mesabi East Secondary School Reviews
As it is my final year at Mesabi East High School, I would like to reflect on the time I have here. My school is a K-12 school. Kids from about five different communities attend school here at Mesabi East. I was ablate make so many wonderful friends here. Mesabi East also gave me the opportunity to participate in sports; I played hockey and volleyball. I gained so many skills through both my sports; such as working well with others, being respectful when things aren't going my way, communication skills, as well people skills. I learned to never give up and to always work my hardest. Mesabi East is such a small school in a very tight-knit community. Our staff and community worked hard to make sure we got a good education and that we had all available resources. The teachers are very involved and care a lot about the students well being. My time here at Mesabi East has been nothing but good!
At Mesabi East High School there is very many people who are caring, and they show you that they care. When you are struggling with homework, or even having a bad day with your family or friends they will talk with you. If your walking down the hallway you feel welcome and surrounded by many good and caring people. Everyone always has a smile on there face or can put one on yours. The environment around Mesabi East is well put together. The staff works with you to get the needs you want. They take your advice on improving classrooms or the library, etc.
I have had a pretty good experience at Mesabi East. I love the people in my grade and it has been a lot of fun over. When it comes to academics, they are pretty good. There are some teachers that I would change because they are not the best at the subjects they teach. The sports teams are not good, which is kind of sad. It is a very nice school though. Our guidance counselor has not helped us seniors whatsoever in getting ready for the ACT or college. We have had to do everything on our own, which is pretty rough when you do not know what you are doing. Besides some of the rough aspects, I really do like my school and the people in it.