Merrol Hyde Magnet School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-77 Students
- A+64 Students
- B-33 Students
- A31 Students
- B28 Students
- B+27 Students
- B18 Students
- B-18 Students
- B15 Students
- A+15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Merrol Hyde Magnet School Reviews
Review Merrol Hyde Magnet School
I have been at Merrol Hyde since Kindergarten, and I am so glad to have been at this school for almost 12 years now. It is definitely a unique high school experience, and I wouldn't trade that for anything else. We are academically superior and the friendships made at this school are unlike any others. Everyone here is so nice and accepting of people's differences and it is such a unique, academic-minded environment. After my full education here, I feel as though I can go to any college, with any major, and truly succeed. We have some of the best teachers in the state and they genuinely care about the success of every student here. Some of them stay after school everyday and come in on the weekends just to help students prep for AP tests. Everyone here is so involved and invested in each other's lives; Merrol Hyde is one of the best aspects of my life. I'm going to miss it more than anything in two years, Roll Hyde!!
Merrol Hyde lives up to its expectations as one of the top schools in the state of Tennessee. This past year we recieved the honor of being the top school based on test scores, and hope to be moved up to top school overall. The student to faculty ratio is great for one on one learning. The teachers are genuinely interested in helping out the students no matter what age or whether or not they're even in their class. The students are very friendly as well. Each grade is very close knit and family like as most of the students have been there since elementary. My grade - Class of 2017 - will be the first class to go K-12. I came in 5th grade and everyone in my grade welcomed me and made me feel at home. Merrol Hyde is in fact a great place to work and learn. Go Hawks!!
Most of the high-school teachers are very helpful and engaging, with a few lacking in that area. The school has this terrible "prestigious" (if you can even call it that) attitude that really overshadows everything. The new principal is a complete joke and has failed miserably at getting any kind of respect from the students, and surprisingly even the teachers. If you aren't prepared to go through any rough patches with no help from the administration (save a few kind teachers) then don't bother with this school.