Merrimack High School is an above average, public school located in Merrimack, NH. It has 1,174 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 41% of students are at least proficient in math and 66% in reading.
Merrimack High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-226 Students
- B-116 Students
- B-71 Students
- B-70 Students
- A+64 Students
- A+60 Students
- A-57 Students
- A52 Students
- B51 Students
- A48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Schools like Merrimack High School
- B-Alvirne High School
- Hudson School District, NH
- 206 reviews
- BCampbell High School
- Litchfield School District, NH
- 154 reviews
- B+Salem High School
- Salem School District, NH
- 199 reviews
- BNorth Middlesex Regional High School
- North Middlesex Public Schools, MA
- 168 reviews
Merrimack High School Reviews
The school severely mismanages what few resources it has. The arts and engineering departments consistently produce talented graduates that earn national awards and go on to the best colleges (in spite of the school). Most of the money goes towards the failing sports teams rather than learning. We also have a reasonably large guidance department, but it also simply acts as a drain of resources, since it provides no emotional support to students and pitiful college guidance. The vast majority of even the top students in each class go on to state schools, and while there is nothing wrong with this, this is anomalous compared to nearby high schools. With even minimally competent college guidance, many of these students could excel and go on to more competitive schools (that would leave them in less debt, since New Hampshire public colleges are some of the priciest in the US.) MV has a lot of promise and a lot of good people, but they are placed into a system that does not value them.
Merrimack High School has provided me with my future. It has given me the opportunity to go to college and further my education. The teachers are passionate about teaching their students because they love to see us grow and learn and become passionate about the subjects they teach. The counselors are always there to help us with whatever we need whether it's a personal issue, or a question about college. The school district raises us in a way that makes us all feel like a community, shows us the value of friendship, and the harm in bullying. Overall, I will miss this school so much and would spend another 4 years here in a heartbeat.
The teachers are amazing and truly care about your success as a student! There are many classes available to enroll in. No matter what your interests are, you will find multiple courses that you are interested in.