Merrill High School is an above average, public school located in Merrill, WI. It has 855 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 40% of students are at least proficient in math and 32% in reading.
Merrill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+46 Students
- B+32 Students
- B29 Students
- B+24 Students
- B+23 Students
- B23 Students
- A-20 Students
- B-18 Students
- B14 Students
- A+11 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Merrill High School
Merrill High School Reviews
I liked the small town atmosphere, everyone knew you and your family, however, sometimes that was a burden. Not every teacher is respectful and knows how to leave personal things at the door, so if your family had/has a bad reputation you could be stuck with that as well. The faculty was focused more on test scores, than helping students learn information to help them succeed in their future.
MHS is a very average school, the teachers are okay at best, the class options are very basic, the students are not very open to change and aren’t the nicest people in the world. You can’t really trust anyone cause it’s every man for himself. Not a lot to look forward to, it’s just real boring all the time.
Overall my experiences at this school have been great. What makes my school unique is its flex 14 schedule which has 14 mods (periods) per day. I love this schedule because it is different every day, you have more opportunity for study halls, and the day goes by a lot faster than a traditional schedule. Many of my favorite experiences at this school involve Homecoming, such as the dress up days, skits and activities at the assembly, the powder-puff game, and the dance. I would choose this school over again because most of the teachers here care about student success, and try to make their lessons enjoyable for their students.