Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Merrill High School is a public school located in Merrill, MI. It has 200 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 10% in reading.
Merrill High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B40 Students
- B-33 Students
- B23 Students
- A23 Students
- B-15 Students
- B+12 Students
- A+10 Students
- B-8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Merrill High School
- C+Breckenridge High School
- Breckenridge Community Schools, MI
- 45 reviews
- C+St. Charles Community Middle/High School
- St. Charles Community Schools, MI
- 33 reviews
- B-Hemlock High School
- Hemlock Public School District, MI
- 87 reviews
- BAlma Senior High School
- Alma Public Schools, MI
- 85 reviews
Merrill High School Reviews
My school is a okay school. It's located in a small town where everyone knows your name and your secrets. My school's biggest downfall is that at points they do not help the student get anywhere in life. Once we graduate we are on our own and clueless.
Merrill is a very welcoming school. My senior class has become like one big family. I wouldn't change the school one bit. It is evolving and getting better each year.
I loved being a part of Merrill High School. It's located in a small, tightly bound community where "everybody knows your name". I've made some great friends at my school and I enjoyed the atmosphere immensely. The only downfall was that AP classes were not available during my high school years. That being said, I wouldn't change anything else about my school.