Meridian Technical Charter High School Reviews

I like the tech focused instruction. Every club is centered around technology or community servicer.
I have been very happy with my time at MTCHS. I have learned a lot about technology and computer science and can't wait to continue my high school career! The teachers are very knowledgeable and are able to provide one-on-one learning help due to the low number of enrolled students (200). The school community is similarly affected by the small class size: you quickly become friends with everybody in your grade level, and many others outside of it as well. :)
I loved my experience at this school; I learned a lot, and grew in unexpected ways.
Start Your Review of Meridian Technical Charter High School
I highly recommend joining SkillsUSA: it is the largest student group in the school, and the teachers are very engaged in it.
School nurse travels from different schools.
Love this school. Great educational opportunities for tech related things.
You are expected to do well. There are no electives, because your electives are your technology related classes. It can be extremely fun, and the teachers really care about you, but it's also hard work. A lot of things are hyped up such as grade level projects, but really they aren't so bad. I've really enjoyed my time here, and though I tend to complain, I don't think I would make it at any other school. It's perfect for nerds and people who like technology.
Going to this school has helped me learn new things from my self and others.
I think that the school gives great opportunities to students that have an interest in technical skills. For me, I am interested in Computer Science. This school gives you a good starting point to which you can go further on your own if you want. The school also gives you opportunities to see what it is really like to work in the industry. For example, I had an internship at the local HP campus in Boise. It gave me a look into what working in the field really was like.
Some of the policies are redundant and overused. The sexual harassment policies need to be refined they have been really generalized so much so that anything could really be considered sexual harassment.
All the food is pretty healthy. There are snacks but they maintain proper portions.
People who play sports play for their home schools. Freshmen are typically not very fit, but as they progress to seniors they usually get more fit.
Each teacher will go out of their way to make sure every student gets the material. It is actually very hard to fail because they will constantly find you if you don't do your work.
Everyone is really relaxed and accepting of everyone else.
A lot of the courses I took during high school were college level. This helped me get a nice work flow for switching to college. It also allowed me to get quite a few credits out of the way for my college career.
There are a few clubs that meet after school. If you wanted to do sports you would have to go to your home high school to play.
The only clubs we have are Chess, SkillsUSA, and Running Club. There are no sports at this school.
Start Your Review of Meridian Technical Charter High School
The academics are not extremely difficult, however you have to work hard to earn an A at the school.
This school is considerably safe. I have never observed any wrong behavior that would result badly. If so, there is always a solution for it. Due to the size of the school, we do not have a school nurse. I don't think this is an issue as there aren't instances of severe cases that require the need of a nurse.
Academically, this school provides good curricular for students. The workload is just about right and if done without procrastination, does not cause stress. The teachers are willing to help, and work with you as an individual in their own time. They are encourage the students to get involved and participate in school activities with one another. There are also opportunities that are given to students to express their strengths.