Meridian Early College High School Reviews

My experience at Meridian has been great the past four years! Although I'm a bit nervous about graduating and leaving, I know that the teachers and staff here have helped prepare me for these upcoming years of my life.
I have loved attending Meridian Early College High School. The school encourages students to go off campus and take college courses at a local college during their junior and senior year. They pay for the classes and assist their students in any way they can. This is a great opportunity for students and I have loved taking part in it. They also help push students into learning about new tech programs which is very helpful in preparing students for their futures!
As a New Tech High School, Meridian focuses on mainly STEM-related subjects in their learning curriculum. Although this is not a bad thing, all other subjects suffer because of this. Language, History, Culture, and Art are practically non-existent at this school.
Start Your Review of Meridian Early College High School
I like the atmosphere of my high school, and I enjoyed doing PBL learning throughout high school, where everything was solely on lap tops and in groups.
I attended this high school for 5 years. The first normal 4 years were good, I never failed a class. The extra year was an extended program they had just started. The 5th year program is amazing, it allows you to take a year at Delta college for free if you decide to. The school has many ways to prepare you for your college years. You're able to duel enroll at either Bay-Arenac career center or Delta college in your Junior and senior years to help get you started in college or career work. Some of my class mates graduated high school with an associate degree as well. I didn't take advantage of these programs because I felt I was not ready. I would recommend trying anyways. I did the 5th year program and got my first two semesters of community college done with almost nothing out of my own or my family's pocket.
Average high school. Lots of drama and staff that treats students like their best friends. When teaching material is difficult for students it is hard for students to receive help.
I like that at Meridian Early College High School you interact a lot with other students in project work. That then leads to great friendships.
This a great school that does its best to prepare students for college and their future careers. I wish that they provided more job shadowing opportunities.
Meridian Early College High School is a school that is all online based that helps students reach their success in their future goals. Juniors and Seniors have an opportunity to be a dual-enrolled student at Delta, or attend the Bay Arenac ISD Career Center in the morning or afternoon to help students study what they are interested in doing after high school.
The experience of being apart of a new tech school is wonderful; however, the teachers rely more on google than their knowledge they gained from attending college. Most classes assign homework online, which can be difficult for students that do not have access to WiFi. This school also focuses on project-based learning which usually results in a particular group member completing the entire project by themselves with little to no help from the other members. On a more positive note this school allows dual-enrolling at Delta College, the Bay Arenac ISD Career Center, Coleman High School, and H.H. Dow High School when you enter your junior year. This opportunity has allowed me to earn my certification as a certified nursing assistant through the Bay Arenac ISD Career Center and attend Delta College to complete prerequisites for Deltas Nursing program.
Meridian Early College Highschool has a great environment. The teachers and other staff members care a lot about their students and provide what they need to succeed. With the early college opportunities it really opens the students eyes to something different and gets them ready and prepared for when they graduate.
I liked Meridian's devotion to helping kids start a pathway towards secondary education. I am also very thankful to the staff for always being willing to help me out and answer any questions that I had. The Dean of Students and the Principal were always friendly to me and really helped me to feel prepared for college. I also am very thankful for the opportunities that were provided for me to participate in student council, theatre, talent shows and our robotics team.
I think this is a very good school, especially with all of their opportunities for college readiness. The culture here is very good and students and staff are very involved. The campus is nice and clean. The sports are decent, but could use more options.
Meridian Early College High School doesn't have very many kids, so the teacher to student is much lower than other schools around the area, which is great for individual student help. Most, if not all teachers are very helpful there and make learning fun for all.
What I liked about Meridian Early College was all of the opportunities that they provided for their students. As students we could co-op, be a teachers assistant, dual enroll, and go to Bay-Arenac Career Center. I also liked how well you got to know each teacher and each teacher wanted you to succeed.
Going to Meridian was different from most high schools. This school is a new tech school, so we are projected based and student lead. This has been a good experience throughout the four years because we have got to be involved in the community with the projects we do and it helped me retain information better by learning through projects. This school has also let the junior and senior class dual enroll to get college credits as well which is a good start to college.
I enjoyed my years at Meridian. My favorite had to have been the early college program that allowed me to get a head start on my college education. Opportunities like that are what made Meridian stand out from other schools and people at my university are often impressed that I came into my first year of university as a sophomore.
Start Your Review of Meridian Early College High School
There's plenty of activities todo before, after and during. However, I wish I would have gotten involved in them because they looked like a lot of fun and were of to my intrest, but I didn't get involved because I was just to shy. I didn't come out of my "shy shell" fast enough. I was a late bloomer to that.
I like this school because they went more towards a tech school. Meaning that everything is done over the computers. Text books are bought online and an online library. More projects are being done in school to help students get involved with one another and get to know them each.
The teachers in my high school are the ones that truly helped mold me for who I am today. For example, freshman year I had an English teacher and she noticed I was struggling so she had me stay after class and she gave me one piece of advice to help pass every class I would have. Her advice was that if I new my vocabulary, I would have no problem getting through any of my classes. From that day on I studied my words and enhanced my vocabulary. To this day I thank her.