Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Mercyhurst Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+58 Students
- A51 Students
- B-46 Students
- B+40 Students
- B+32 Students
- A-31 Students
- C+21 Students
- B20 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-16 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
Mercyhurst Preparatory School Reviews
I took challenging courses and had alot of choices.. arts, sciences, music, theatre, math, computer, design, history, english, peer leadership, world religions and ethics! A lot of clubs and varsity sports and classes at local universities with a lot of community and charity work.. pushed me to constantly challenge myself with lots of school spirit and pride..
I love this school for many reasons. Firstly, the academics are great, and I know this is a cliche, but teachers truly want you to succeed. Mercyhurst Prep offers classes in the IB program, but Honors and College-Prep classes are also available. Another thing I love about Mercyhurst is the fact that there is something for everyone, and you don't have to choose. We have a great theatre department, but we also have awesome athletic programs, art programs, music programs, you name it! I truly believe that the administration gives their 100% and cares about the outcome of every student.
I found Mercyhurst a compelling academic experience, with teachers ready to help their students. The greatest disappointment was the social aspect of it- I was constantly rejected by most of the student and for the most of the year felt extremely lonely. I also found them alienating, as they were not acting according to the school's mission statement and were bullying me because of my special interest that felt foreign to them and so they abused the greatest stereotype related to that special interest. From the social standpoint I would only recommend MPS to the ones who waste their entire days on the Snapchat or whatever thing they are using on the phones they are always staring at. I felt sad most of the year and was very depressed and I failed to appreciate any other activities it had to offer. International students felt alienating and divided by national groups, I was the only person who came from my country was on my own the whole time.