Mercyhurst Preparatory School is a highly rated, private, boarding, Catholic school located in Erie, PA. It has 521 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. Tuition is $42,000 for the highest grade offered. After graduation, 99% of students from this school go on to attend a 4-year college.
Tuition is for the highest grade offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
Boarding (Tuition + Boarding)
Received Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid
Mercyhurst Preparatory School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+69 Students
- A63 Students
- B-61 Students
- B+57 Students
- A-45 Students
- B40 Students
- B27 Students
- C+26 Students
- A+21 Students
- A-18 Students
Culture & Safety
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.22 responses
Mercyhurst Preparatory School Reviews
Upon entering Mercyhurst Prep my freshman year, I can truly say it has prepared me for all life has to offer beyond high school. My four years here has taught me more than any other facility could’ve, and I feel confident in my future knowing I’m beyond prepared. Being biracial, I would love to see more things done to truly act out their mission as to embracing diversity, and more student involvement with the international student program. The IB program is incredibly academically challenging and an incredible option for those wishing to expand their knowledge even further. Mercyhurst has incredible school spirit, impeccable academics, a beyond welcoming faculty, and courses tweaked to fit each individual in some way. The resources promoted to develop our youth are done so in an encouraging manner and is inspiring to all. Mercyhurst Prep is definitely one of the most beneficial schools I’ve come into contact with and is definitely one I’m thankful for experiencing firsthand.
Mercyhurst Prep is an excellent high school to attend to prepare you for future studies at a University or College. The faculty an staff are extremely knowledgeable and always available for extra help if needed. The environment is clean and modern with many new updates. The students are friendly and welcoming. Everyone can find their place to fit in at MPS. Four years well spent!
I took challenging courses and had alot of choices.. arts, sciences, music, theatre, math, computer, design, history, english, peer leadership, world religions and ethics! A lot of clubs and varsity sports and classes at local universities with a lot of community and charity work.. pushed me to constantly challenge myself with lots of school spirit and pride..