Mercer County Senior High School is a public school located in Harrodsburg, KY. It has 836 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 58% in reading.
Mercer County Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-108 Students
- B96 Students
- B-54 Students
- A-52 Students
- C+43 Students
- C+43 Students
- B-32 Students
- B+28 Students
- B27 Students
- B23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Mercer County Senior High School
- B+West Jessamine High School
- Jessamine County Public Schools, KY
- 109 reviews
- B-Anderson County High School
- Anderson County Public Schools, KY
- 148 reviews
- ABoyle County High School
- Boyle County Public Schools, KY
- 107 reviews
- B+Danville High School
- Danville Independent Schools, KY
- 56 reviews
Mercer County Senior High School Reviews
Challenged me with essays and projects. I would like to see them change in, making sure every student feels welcomed, and to just keep in mind that every students is the same no matter their ethnicity , the staff is great. I would just like to see them bring some issues aware instead of acting like everything is alright, in my opinion it would help a lot of students. Diversity in my opinion is very poor at this school and some students tend to take advantage of that and use that to their advantage to bring other students down, due to their race. I personally wish my high school experience would've gone better, but thankfully it shaped me to the person I am today with a even bigger and more open heart in order to not be like some people at this high school.
The overall high school experience has been great. Although, sometimes the teachers act like they aren't willing to explain concepts further or in a different way if you do not understand. Many people seemed to be more focused on athletics than education sometimes as well.
I enjoyed the multitude of teachers involved within the education system. All of the teachers that I encountered seemed to generally care about the student body and wanted to help out wherever possible. I also really enjoyed the excellent extra-curricular activities; our boys track team has won back to back state championships and many of our other sports regularly win regionals.