Mercer Area Senior High School is an above average, public school located in Mercer, PA. It has 374 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Mercer Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B38 Students
- A+35 Students
- A32 Students
- B-19 Students
- C+19 Students
- B19 Students
- B17 Students
- B-17 Students
- B+13 Students
- B-11 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Mercer Area Senior High School
- B+Wilmington Area High School
- Wilmington Area School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- B+Slippery Rock Area High School
- Slippery Rock Area School District, PA
- 83 reviews
- BGrove City Area High School
- Grove City Area School District, PA
- 194 reviews
- B+Neshannock Junior/Senior High School
- Neshannock Township School District, PA
- 96 reviews
Mercer Area Senior High School Reviews
I've been going to Mercer Area High School for about 6 years and there is no other high school I would have rather gone to. The extracurricular activities and sports are so diverse and open to anyone. The academic system is also diverse, from physics to journalism to concert choir, there is something for everyone. The teachers and staff are so kind and approachable and willing to help anyone in need any time a student needs it. It is also a safe place to be; an off duty police officer will stay there throughout the school day. The environment is calming and relaxing, it is a great place for an education.
My favorite part of this school was the teachers. It was obvious to see in them a level of excitement and love for what they taught that made the experience more enjoyable and worthwhile. I would love to see the school receive more funding, for I know that it would be used well.
It is a close community, the teachers are very helpful and care about whether you succeed or not, and There are a lot of resources and people available to help students.