Mercedes High School is a public school located in Mercedes, TX. It has 1,109 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 73% of students are at least proficient in math and 53% in reading.
Mercedes High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B178 Students
- C+124 Students
- B-113 Students
- B95 Students
- B+94 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+91 Students
- B83 Students
- A-51 Students
- A47 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Schools like Mercedes High School
- BMercedes Early College Academy
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 105 reviews
- C-Monte Alto High School
- Monte Alto Independent School District, TX
- 40 reviews
- CSan Benito High School
- San Benito Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 410 reviews
- CProgreso High School
- Progreso Independent School District, TX
- 55 reviews
Mercedes High School Reviews
As a senior at Mercedes High School, this school has its ups and downs but overall it is just like any other school. This school has many things that I very much like such as the teachers, they are very helpful in lending a helping hand when it comes to class work, studying, or especially when it comes to helping us students with college things such as applying for colleges or scholarships.
My experience at Mercedes Hogh School was so unexplainable. The administration was more concerned about what you wore and how you look instead of focusing on getting s student to class. The lunch food was disgusting. I found nails and hairs and when I would report it to the principal all they would do was say, "I can get you another one". Like okay no, I'm sure that one has the same thing. I know everyone makes mistakes but Mercedes administration wasn't concerned if it wasn't trying to send a kid home. The principals always said that we need to be in attendance with class but if you wore comfortable shoes as in sandals right away you were sent home or to ISS. Honestly Mercedes High has so many things it needs to change considering that they're one of the lowest ranked, sorry to say.
During my 4 years of high school, I have witnessed corruption in the school board administration, favorability for sports and school facilities being misused and broken down. However, my school has offered AP courses, which have benefited me for my future in college. I wish I can say I am thankful for my high school experience but I am not.