Mercedes Early College Academy is an above average, public school located in Mercedes, TX. It has 325 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 92% in reading.
Mercedes Early College Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+66 Students
- B64 Students
- C+56 Students
- B54 Students
- A+52 Students
- A+52 Students
- B49 Students
- B+27 Students
- A-24 Students
- B22 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Mercedes Early College Academy
- CMercedes High School
- Mercedes Independent School District, TX
- 117 reviews
- B-Edinburg High School
- Edinburg Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 122 reviews
- B+Thomas Jefferson T-STEM Early College High School
- Pharr-San Juan-Alamo Independent School District, TX
- 92 reviews
- B+Early College High School
- Harlingen Consolidated Independent School District, TX
- 115 reviews
Mercedes Early College Academy Reviews
My experience at Mercedes Early College was awesome. I am really glad that I enrolled into MECA my freshman year, because I am able to get ahead and graduate with my associates and my high school diploma at the same time. Some aspects that I liked about MECA was that the teachers are always very helpful in every way. For example, I needed help with completing my college application so, I asked for help and they gave me advice to complete the application.
Deciding to attend Mercedes Early College was the best decision I've made in my life. The teachers are passionate about their jobs and they care a lot for the students. I became a dual enrollment student my sophomore year and now I'm only 3 classes away from getting my Associates degree. It was the best decision because not only did I save time, I also saved a lot of money. My experience at Mercedes Early College will always be one to remember.
During my last four years at this campus, it has changed tremendously especially it's technological development. Being at this school, allows you to be introduced to a variety of challenges, and it prepares to the college experience that awaits you.