Mentor High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mentor, OH. It has 2,717 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+267 Students
- B247 Students
- A-211 Students
- B196 Students
- B172 Students
- A156 Students
- A-138 Students
- B-127 Students
- B-123 Students
- A+109 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Mentor High School
- A-Perry High School
- Perry Local School District (Perry), OH
- 105 reviews
- A+Mayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 213 reviews
- AKirtland High School
- Kirtland Local School District, OH
- 86 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 94 reviews
Mentor High School Reviews
I really enjoy Mentor High School, a lot of the students and teachers there are really nice and helpful. Every year the school has made adjustments to their academics and ways of running the school system to improve schooling for the students. Mentor has a lot to offer and is typically good when asking questions for you when you need help or assistance. Our athletic and academic teams are really good along with our coaches and teachers. If there is one thing that could make Mentor High better, it would be if the counselors could be a little bit more helpful or informative, sometimes that is lacking but like I said earlier, for the most part Mentor High is an amazing school with very kind and helpful staff.
My experience at Mentor High School has been beneficial, I have been continuously prepared for college and the real life world. The teachers reach out to the students and reassure their learning is being followed at a good pace. Teachers at Mentor understand that sometimes you aren't going to understand right away but they want to help you understand eventually. The principles and administrators work to keep the school a safe and functioning environment in which we can learn without distractions.
Mentor High School is a good school and a great city. It has mostly wonderful modern facilities, including a huge auditorium and huge classrooms conducive to blended learning. However, despite all this, some areas of the building are neglected, like the music wing where the ceiling leaks water whenever it rains. When it comes to sports, clubs, and academics, Mentor has so many opportunities for everyone, and odds are you'll be able to find something you like. However, the student culture is relatively cliquey, and although members of specific clubs are supportive of each other, many groups are not supportive of one another. All in all, Mentor has been a very good high school experience, and the school only continues to improve in every way.