Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Mentor High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mentor, OH. It has 2,656 students in grades PK, 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 68% of students are at least proficient in math and 84% in reading.
Mentor High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B332 Students
- A+332 Students
- A-271 Students
- B240 Students
- B224 Students
- A-206 Students
- A180 Students
- B-164 Students
- B-150 Students
- A+137 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 95 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.50 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.50 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Schools like Mentor High School
- B+Perry High School
- Perry Local School District (Perry), OH
- 112 reviews
- AMayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 227 reviews
- AKirtland High School
- Kirtland Local School District, OH
- 93 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 109 reviews
Mentor High School Reviews
MHS is a very big school with nearly 2,500 kids. The staff is amazing and so are most of the students. Sports are a very big part of our school and we take our school spirit very seriously! Our theatre and choir programs are very good, as well as our marching band. The art program is also amazing. Academics are a very big part of our school, and there is an abundance of courses to take, including CCP and career tech. Overall, I love being a student here!
I never took classes on the Mentor High School campus, as I did full-time College Credit Plus (CCP) and Lakeland Community College. It was a great opportunity to get ahead, as I received my Associates degrees in Arts and Science BEFORE I graduated high school! Definitely recommend. Administration and counselors were extremely helpful and nice.
The faculty are all very inspiring and help students with their academic and personal goals. The extracurricular activities and sports are very involved and the school makes academic resources accessible to students both in the classroom and outside of it. In addition to resources, Mentor provides students with a great community network with college help and test preparation. The teachers are committed to teaching with a purpose and having the students become engaged with the content and material in the class. Our construction is up to date and most of the classrooms and accessible for advanced technology including new computers.