Mentor High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mentor, OH. It has 2,717 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 22 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 68% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+249 Students
- B233 Students
- A-197 Students
- B182 Students
- B158 Students
- A142 Students
- A-130 Students
- B-120 Students
- B-120 Students
- A+102 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.47 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Schools like Mentor High School
- A-Perry High School
- Perry Local School District (Perry), OH
- 105 reviews
- A+Mayfield High School
- Mayfield City School District, OH
- 212 reviews
- AKirtland High School
- Kirtland Local School District, OH
- 85 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 94 reviews
Mentor High School Reviews
Mentor High School is a good school and a great city. It has mostly wonderful modern facilities, including a huge auditorium and huge classrooms conducive to blended learning. However, despite all this, some areas of the building are neglected, like the music wing where the ceiling leaks water whenever it rains. When it comes to sports, clubs, and academics, Mentor has so many opportunities for everyone, and odds are you'll be able to find something you like. However, the student culture is relatively cliquey, and although members of specific clubs are supportive of each other, many groups are not supportive of one another. All in all, Mentor has been a very good high school experience, and the school only continues to improve in every way.
I liked Mentor High school for several reasons one is its got great teachers and staff who are always whiling to help out the students either with school work or problems of any kind. Another reason I liked Mentor was the school activities such as sports programs and clubs to help students socialize and network with each other in the school community by getting involved. Though what I did not like was some of the academic program they had. The reason being is I wish they taught about more about finance and life skills to better prepare us for the real world. Examples would be signing a regular check, doing taxes, and overall being able to support yourself.
Mentor High School has some wonderful opportunities. The school was very high tech and progressive. The education system was above average and the majority of the staff cared about the students and how to increase their overall satisfaction. Since I have graduated, the school has been updated even more and has taken strong measures to protect students and to involve them with community work which I think is very important. I was in the Lake County school system my whole life and I had a very good experience. The only thing I would change about Mentor High School is funding for the Arts and Music. Sports was their major focus, as an avid music lover I would love to see that.