Menominee High School is a public school located in Menominee, MI. It has 445 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Menominee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-29 Students
- A24 Students
- B21 Students
- A+18 Students
- A16 Students
- B-14 Students
- B+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A-8 Students
- A-7 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Menominee High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Menominee High School Reviews
Menominee has great teachers who really care about students and their success. Many top administrators, though, do not care and are more concerned with bettering themselves than their teachers. There is no control for misbehaving students and the plans we have in place to handle them are very poor. We had both counselors and our principal quit before the start of my senior year, no one knows what to do. There were efforts made to find new people to fill these spots but most of this work has been handed to the secretary. The secretary, a parent of student, has shown clear favoritism to their child's friends and clear dislike and inconsideration to whom her child does not like. Overall average school, could be much much better, but somehow keeps getting worse.
This school has a good athletics program and gives kids plenty of choices of extra curricular activities. The academics are doing well. Some of the teaching strategies can be improved upon and extra funding for extra curricular activities is needed. The people there are very kind and welcoming to newcomers.
The students at my school get really involved in sports rather they're playing ,or just cheering on the team. The Team performance at my school is the best if you're on the team you're already good, or you're gonna be good before the season is over.Everybody in the town loves our schools sporting program ,the sports events are always packed ,and the athletes always put on a good show. I think the athletic facilities at our school could be better but they're pretty descent the equipment is just old. The fitness programs are pretty good, all different types of programs are available all through out the year even through the breaks.