Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Mendota Township High School is a public school located in Mendota, IL. It has 556 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 27% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Mendota Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B71 Students
- B-61 Students
- B+54 Students
- A+32 Students
- A-27 Students
- B25 Students
- B+22 Students
- A+22 Students
- B19 Students
- A-19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.3 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.3 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Mendota Township High School
- B-Hall High School
- Public School
- Spring Valley, IL
- 41 reviews
- B+La Salle-Peru Township High School
- Public School
- La Salle, IL
- 125 reviews
- C+Earlville Junior/Senior High School
- Earlville Community Unit School District No. 9, IL
- 23 reviews
- B-La Moille High School
- LaMoille Community Unit School District No. 303, IL
- 22 reviews
Mendota Township High School Reviews
I was highly involved in the music department, Interact club, tennis, Spanish club, National Honor Society, Spanish National Honor Society, and more! I found the facilities and food to be exactly what I would expect from a well-functioning high school. I also strongly feel that we were given the tools and time needed to perform well on the SAT, and other required exams. MHS did a fantastic job of preparing us, whether we said we wanted it or not. Additionally, the variety of clubs that were offered was a huge plus for me. For a school of roughly 600 students, the options are vast! I appreciated the system that is in place requiring coaches and club sponsors to split time evenly if there is a conflict.
Mendota High School was a great place! Everyone there is very helpful and will help you with anything. The teachers there truly care about how you do in their class and the 4 years there was amazing, I was I could go there for one more year. Also the food is excellent and the administration does a great job of keeping the rules in place and was to make Mendota High School and great experience!
Mendota High School is a community full of driven students and outstanding teachers that are eager to watch every student succeed. The school is very diverse and fun. I have enjoyed my 4 years here!