Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Mendota High School is a public school located in Mendota, CA. It has 864 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 21 to 1. According to state test scores, 13% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
Mendota High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B282 Students
- C139 Students
- A120 Students
- A+110 Students
- A-97 Students
- A+93 Students
- B90 Students
- B+89 Students
- A-87 Students
- A82 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.16 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.23 responses
Mendota High School Reviews
At Mendota High School, the teachers are very helpful and understanding. They are very motivating and have helped me tremendously, weather it be to proof read my essays for my college courses, or to help me understand the lesson on another level. My counselor has helped me with everything going on in my life and has helped me slowly learn to balance everything. The environment itself is very typical yet spacious for all the different group of kids. Personally, I very much dislike the food. I, myself, don't eat red meat or eggs, so eating at school is very complicated. 4 out of 5 breakfasts consist of eggs or sausage. I end up eating dry cereal or at times not at all. The lunch is a 50/50. On a good day, we are eating chicken nuggets and on a bad day, not even the snack bar has turkey sandwiches. This definitely adds unwanted and unnecessary stress to myself. Besides that, I am very happy at my school, and I've enjoyed my experience so far!
I love the tight knit community and programs that are offered. There are so many opportunities to take advantage of and the counseling department is phenomenal! Some things like the dress code are a little constricting in my opinion, but overall great!
I've had many good memories here. The campus is not the best but it's also not the worst as many people might think.Although the clubs and sports are somewhat limited, there is always something to do at this school. Not only that, but the programs and clubs always expand with the passing years. For example, this year we got a brand new drama club and a brand new Russian class.So although the school is small compared to the ones in bigger cities, I still had a very positive experience over the past 4 years.