Mendota High School is a public school located in Mendota, CA. It has 844 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 24 to 1. According to state test scores, 12% of students are at least proficient in math and 52% in reading.
Mendota High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B234 Students
- C120 Students
- A95 Students
- A+83 Students
- B78 Students
- B+75 Students
- A-73 Students
- A+73 Students
- A70 Students
- A-64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.14 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.21 responses
Mendota High School Reviews
Having an experience at Mendota High School as an student, athlete, band member and FFA member was an experience that I would never forget. From my freshman to currently my senior year, I got to experience Friday Night Lights (football games) with our performing or marching band, marching band competitions, showing farm animals as an ffa member at a fair, happily helping out our community and many more. This school provided us, students to give the huge opportunity to take college courses and guide us to our future lives or careers. I’m one of those students who is currently taking college courses and everyday I'm grateful for this opportunity!
I enjoy the school at Mendota High School due to Mendota being a small town and the population being 11,418. Essentially everyone knows each other, It's convenient because there are no forms of diversity [hispanics only] and is a sanctuary town for immigration. At my school the teachers are well informed in what they know. The school itself is 99% hispanic and I appreciate the clubs that are offered. The facilities are semi-new and well maintained.
What I did like was how wide open the school was and how friendly the teachers were. The teachers would interact with us, the students, as if we were their friends. But, once it came to it, the teachers would work us off with homework. One thing that could be improved is the organization. Some students don't know where a certain building is and they cut in line during lunch whenever no teacher is looking.