Mendenhall High School is a public school located in Mendenhall, MS. It has 542 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 10% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
Mendenhall High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-135 Students
- A96 Students
- A-91 Students
- B-80 Students
- C+75 Students
- C+72 Students
- B-47 Students
- B+42 Students
- B-40 Students
- B+38 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 16 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.17 responses
Mendenhall High School Reviews
Being a senior, I can honestly say attending Mendenhall High was one of the best decisions I’ve ever made. The school is small so it’s easier to have one on ones with faculty members/coaches. The Administration really cares about the students future and their time spent at Mendenhall high school. The only things I can really ask for is more extracurricular activities and clubs for the students to partake in. Other than that, Mendenhall High School is a great choice for a school you should attend!
There are many elements that make my school great so far. For one, the school spirit is unbelievable. We love our tigers! The elements that make our school great starts with our principle. He is a straight-forward, no nonsense, caring principle. He wants the best for us and I think that is the key for every great school. The faculty also play a part in these elements. They make sure we get everything we need for succeeding. Last but not least, the student. We are what makes the school. We make the school bad or good. There's no defined decription. All of these elements together make my high school great.
Attending Mendenhall was the best years of my life. We have an excellent staff here that cares about what the students do. There are various organizations and activities that are available for students to participate in. I believe Mendenhall is one of the best schools in the state because we excel in everything that we do. We work hard to achieve excellence. I have attended Mendenhall since I first started school and I would not trade it for the world. The memories made in Mendenhall will never be replaced.