Mena High School is an above average, public school located in Mena, AR. It has 519 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 32% of students are at least proficient in math and 54% in reading.
Mena High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A122 Students
- B107 Students
- B-100 Students
- B88 Students
- C69 Students
- B-53 Students
- B43 Students
- B-41 Students
- A-26 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.20 responses
Mena High School Reviews
I will be graduating in May of this year. Overall, Mena High School is just an average school. There's not much to it. However, the best part of this average school is the teachers. They're always willing to help any students that doubt themselves. Sure, there are some that are don't, but for the most part, the teachers treat you like you are their own child. They respect the students' opinions and listen to our suggestions. They listen to us during our stressful times and help out whenever they can. The bonds formed between the teachers and the students are a close one, almost like family. There have been unfortunate occurrences in the past 4 years that I've gone here, but the teachers and students help each other in staying strong during those times. Leaving this school, I will leave behind some of the best relationships I've been a part of. I will miss the teachers of Mena High School very much.
I loved high school! The only problem was that, when it came to playing sports, it all mattered on your last name. That is one thing I would like to see changed about Mena High School. Where playing on a team depended on your skill level and not your last name. The teachers were great, always helped when you needed it and always gave you a chance.
In the four years that I have gone to Mena High School, I would have to say the experience something wonderful. Spending the time that I had here has prepared me for what future that I wish to be involved with and has made an attempt to prepare me for life after graduation. The culture on campus is far from average, it exceeds that. The facilities have granted students several opportunities for student led activities as well as administration led events and guest speakers. The staff superb, taking the time to meet with students one on one when they struggle in whatever subjects that they teach.