Memphis High School Reviews

I learned a lot throughout my fours years and I had great teachers along the way. Some of the things I learned where things like how to help others, how to use my learning skills to succeed and what I want for my future and how to prepare for it with the things I have going on in highschool right know.
I was only a student here my senior year. I found that the transfer from another state to here was easy and I was allowed to test to show I could graduate early based on my previous credits and the amount I would need. Thank you to Mrs. Miller. She was helpful in that process.
I liked that it was a smaller school which meant there was more one on one interaction between teachers and students. I didn't like the fact that the school didn't offer calculous or that it didn't offer college level science courses.
Start Your Review of Memphis High School
What I liked about this school is how small the class rooms are and that the teachers can work on you one on one and it's a small school
Going to Memphis High School isn't what I always wanted. When I was younger all I ever wanted was to be done already. Now, with my final months of high school approaching, I just want to have more time. There's things I haven't done, people I've known all my life but can't think of a single real conversation with them. I don't know if I'm ready for college, but I know for a fact that I'll make it because this school in the middle of nowhere has done everything it could to prepare me and every other student in this school for our futures. Memphis High School might not always be the place I want to be, but it will always be the place I call home.
I love the school but i would like for the food such as breakfast and lunch to change and i would like for the food to be warm and not cold like it always is because most of the time its not even cooked all the way
Discipline is pretty good. I think it could be a little stricter about certain things. Bullying is taken care of for the most part, and the dress code is fair and easy to abide by.
The athletic program is pretty great. Everyone is real supportive, and most of the students are involved in it.
The teachers at Memphis High School are great educators. They communicate and help the students out tremendously, and their system is consistent.
I did not feel like I was prepared for college.
Our school administrators do a lot to try and address the problems the school has: bullying, drug and alcohol use, campus security. However, the district has a very tight budget, and students aren't willing to listen and change themselves to fix the problems, so health & safety are still bad at our school.
We got a technology grant a few years back, so the state paid for us to get laptops for every student. Technology is widely available here.
This school is poor, and unable to offer more than the basic core courses. There are few electives available.
Most of the teachers are genuinely disinterested in their jobs. They approach teaching with an attitude of procrastination or boredom, and it rubs off on the students.
There is a lot of peer pressure in this school. The only way to be accepted and popular is to go to parties and drink alcohol. Nobody in the school stands up for what is right; the majority of students are obnoxious, perverted, or drunk, while the rest stay silent.
We have the best athletic opportunities that a school as small as ours can offer.
Our school mainly offers athletics as the extracirricular activity. We also have a decent band and a decent FFA chapter. And that's it. There isn't a lot of variety, and there are exactlly zero clubs to join.
Start Your Review of Memphis High School
The administration has very good intintions. The stress college preparedness, strongly oppose bullying, and listen to criticism. However, they have to work with an exceptionally uncooperative student body, a tight budget, and a mediocre teaching staff. As a result, procrastination, bullying, and substance abuse are still massive problems on campus.
Because of state law our cafeteria is foced to meet a standard of healthiness. However, healthy food is much more expensive than junk food, and the school's budget is extremely tight. So the cafeteria staff is trapped between a rock and a hard place, and the end result, despite their best efforts to meet both an impossible budget and a severe regulations, is horrible. It's health food, minus flavor and portion size.
I like pretty well here, I've managed to survive, but I've seldom been happy. I have a few friends, but they are hard to really connect with. I'm a Christian, and I've been persecuted for my faith. Most of the other "Christians" at this school are openly hypocrites. They participate in parties and use drugs and alcohol just as much if not more than anyone else. Peer pressure and cliques are huge here, and it's been really hard for me to hold true to my values.

As for education, it's ok at best. We have access to great technological resources, but only a few electives are offered. The teachers often seem bored and they tend to do their job to the minimum required effort just so that they can keep their salaries. If a student really wants to succeed, they have to basically teach themselves.