Memorial Senior High School is a public school located in Elmwood Park, NJ. It has 735 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 16% of students are at least proficient in math and 50% in reading.
Memorial Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B84 Students
- A59 Students
- B42 Students
- B42 Students
- A-37 Students
- C+33 Students
- B+31 Students
- B-30 Students
- A-27 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Memorial Senior High School
- BLodi High School
- Lodi School District, NJ
- 168 reviews
- BClifton High School
- Clifton Public School District, NJ
- 499 reviews
- C+Belleville High School
- Belleville Public Schools, NJ
- 288 reviews
- B-William L. Dickinson High School
- Jersey City School District, NJ
- 209 reviews
Memorial Senior High School Reviews
This school is filled with such amazing and caring teachers, I will truly never forget them and am so grateful to have encountered such special people. However, EPMHS needs to bring back more electives, sports and clubs for students to take. I admire that they have clubs for religions, and sexual orientations, etc. However, they should make their sports more inclusive, such as having a football team for females or bringing back culinary classes. Clubs and activities are what makes high school bearable to be honest, so having a wider selection of them would be so much better. In addition, i believe that the school focuses way too much on the dress code, a student's education for the day should not be sacrificed because they are wearing a crew neck with a logo, or not wearing a polo! They need to do better with that! Overall, i enjoyed my experience at this school.
I've only been at Memorial Senior High School for the past 6 months since I am a high school freshman, however since the middle school and high school are in the same building, I have known the school for three years. I am currently in the Academy program, which I am so grateful that my school offers it because it places me in the best classes to prepare for college! However, I wish my school had more programs for their students. For example, a visual/performing art program, or a business program that is took all throughout high school, not only junior & senior year. I wish there was a way to fit in an elective freshman & sophomore year too, while still taking all the required courses.
I enjoyed my high school experience. The teachers that I had were always willing to lend me a helping hand. There was never a time that I could not go in for extra help. They made sure that I was fully equipped with the knowledge I needed. The atmosphere here is good. The school spirit could be much better though! Overall, I have had a great time here.