Memorial Senior High School is a public school located in Elmwood Park, NJ. It has 682 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 14% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Memorial Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+67 Students
- A53 Students
- B37 Students
- B35 Students
- A-32 Students
- B-28 Students
- C+26 Students
- B+26 Students
- A-21 Students
- B-20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.13 responses
Schools like Memorial Senior High School
- B-Lodi High School
- Lodi Public Schools, NJ
- 149 reviews
- B-Clifton High School
- Clifton Public Schools, NJ
- 445 reviews
- C+Belleville High School
- Belleville Public Schools, NJ
- 269 reviews
- C+William L. Dickinson High School
- Jersey City Public Schools, NJ
- 198 reviews
Memorial Senior High School Reviews
I love that all the students here are kind to one another. I think this is rare in high schools nowadays, and I am proud of my school for this. Also, the teachers, guidance counselors, and the staff in general really push you to be the greatest you could be. They encourage me to be a better me than I was yesterday. However, I would like to see more sports teams. It would give more students a chance to participate in after school physical activities if they were given more choices.
There is a great variety of extracurricular activities available for all students. Everyone has a chance to find something to fulfill their needs. I can tell that teachers as well as students are very devoted to their clubs. They create many opportunities so the after-school activities won't ever get boring. Teachers help their members organize different activities like field trips, fundraisers, school parties and much more. The level of commitment is very high and is driven by each student's motivation. Most of the student's ideas gets the administration support which is great, because with their support and help we can do much more.
The most of the new teachers were inexperienced and did not provide the necessary tools. Also the senior guidance counselor was not available when students needed her the most. There should be classes that better prepare their students for the real world situations. The diversity of the school was great and very inclusive. The clubs and activities included arrange of different selections.