Memorial High School is a public school located in San Antonio, TX. It has 1,284 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 64% of students are at least proficient in math and 44% in reading.
1227 Memorial St
San Antonio, TX 78228
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B168 Students
- A+136 Students
- A+122 Students
- B85 Students
- B+84 Students
- B-82 Students
- B+63 Students
- A53 Students
- A-53 Students
- B51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.24 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Schools like Memorial High School
- CJohn F. Kennedy High School
- Edgewood Independent School District (San Antonio), TX
- 197 reviews
- CBurbank High School
- San Antonio Independent School District, TX
- 213 reviews
- CSomerset High School
- Somerset Independent School District, TX
- 117 reviews
- C-Southside High School
- Southside Independent School District, TX
- 239 reviews
Memorial High School Reviews
Memorial has good teachers but the students don’t feel motivated to work. Most students don’t want to be at school and prefer to be at home sleeping. I believe that by motivating students through incentives and rewards, the students would work with the teachers to achieve better grades and enhance scholarly skills in order to be successful in college.
Truthfully, memorial high school is your stereo typical inner city school. Students were never really engaged, teachers show lack of enthusiasm and willingness to give 100% to teach students no matter the cost. When attending a school such as Memorial high school, one has to be self-motivated because resources are limited, instructors are not very helpful at times, and overall moral is woeful.
Being a student at memorial high school has its advantages and disadvantages. Most teachers are willing to help any students that need the help . Some are even willing to help students that aren't even in their class. Food here has gotten better over the years but still isn't great. Most students get along but then there are those students that think they are better than everyone else and just don't care about school. Administrators are always on the look out to make sure everyone is in class and not skipping. Teachers are very respectful and get along well with students. Although that is true, students don't always do the same. Many try to be a class clown and just end up getting in trouble. The education is great but the students are not so much.